Pastel toner formulas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsmack

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Just wondering if there may be a thread with a list of formulas for toners/cocktails?

I've been having a play today to try and create some nice pastel pink/apricot and lilac colours but I'm just not getting it right!

The toners I would like to use will be on pre-lightened (level 10 inside banana ideally)

I would love to see some threads of pics and formulas that have been used so I could play around and create a mix for myself x

The pastel pink I only did a small foil/swatch of in the pic turned out nice on lv.10 raw,dry hair straight out of the tube...its: Patrice Beaute Luminesence, Twilight pink....best pastel pink I have come across yet.

Hi geeks,
Just wondering if there may be a thread with a list of formulas for toners/cocktails?

I've been having a play today to try and create some nice pastel pink/apricot and lilac colours but I'm just not getting it right!

The toners I would like to use will be on pre-lightened (level 10 inside banana ideally)

I would love to see some threads of pics and formulas that have been used so I could play around and create a mix for myself x

Hi MrsMack, I have some L'Oreal formulas on colouringbynumbers.com, but the same principles apply with any colour line. Pastel forumulas are a soft tone, so you always have to consider your undertone (very pale yellow) and neutralise the undertone and then add the tone you want to see. For example for a light pink you need too add a touch of violet or you get peach hair (red/pink+yellow=peach/orange), unless you wanted a warm peach tone you can just use a pink that will be supported by the yellow undertone.

If you are using pure tones or a darker more vibrant shade to create the tone, I would advise mixing with an appropriote violet ash colour to kill the undertone.
Oxidation dyes like demi permanents will always give a more subdued pastel effect, as opposed to direct colours like crazy colour and kpac which are more saturated.

Latest posts

Back