Patch test reaction lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I had a client come and have a patch test today for a lash lift then a few hours later she rang and said she has had a reaction. She said her eyes are itchy and red- I put the two solutions behind her ear not on her eyes but could this still give her a reaction to her eyes?

She said the area behind her ear is completely fine it’s just her eyes- has anyone else experienced this?

She really wants the treatment done so I have said for her to come back tomorrow for another patch test to see if the same thing happens.

Not sure what your thoughts are wether I should avoid doing this treatment on her?

You won’t be covered by insurance if you go ahead because you now know she’s had some kind of reaction following the patch test.

Unless you’re medically qualified to determine that the reaction was a coincidence, the fact is, a reaction of some type, occurred.

Even if she hassles you for the treatment, that’s all the more reason to be firm. Clients who hassle to get the treatment won’t hesitate to sue if they think there’s money to be made!

It’s really not worth losing your reputation or business over one client.

Stay well away from those eyes.

It will be the products causing the problem so I wouldn’t even re-patch test once healed to be sure because then it’s knowing there’s a high chance of eye allergy with it.

It’s like with any allergy on skin, like when i put sun cream on my face my eyes will burn regardless of if it’s near my eyes or not.

Suggest something relaxing instead like a massage or manicure, but don’t let her bully you into it. If she’s difficult say you discussed with insurer and they said not to do it under any circumstances so you can take care of your business and prevent disaster.

Maybe she touched the patch test area and then touched her eyes? I wouldn’t do it either as she might just come back and complain about it.

Maybe she touched the patch test area and then touched her eyes? I wouldn’t do it either as she might just come back and complain about it.

It’s actually pretty common for a reaction to occur elsewhere in the body and that’s why you have to be firm with clients because they don’t always fully understand causation.

Latest posts

Back