patch test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi

Reaction score
Ok I'm feeling a little bored, but on the subject of patch testing. We all know that we should do it on new clients and on regular clients with new products. But was just wondering why do we do it on the inside arm and behind the ear, is it so that it is less likely to come into contact with other substances or to keep the tested area away from sunlight (ha ha), just wondering, any ideas.

good q andi,. i suppose it is so if there is an adverse reaction i isn in a place for the whole world to see?????

I think its more to do with the fact that its not visible to anyone else. If we had a random splodge or black or brown on the side of our face or in the middle of the hand, it would look slightly wierd wouldnt it.

Yes I guess you're right and that would have been my thinking as well. Just goes to show how very bored I am. Thanks for your answers girls.

I though it was also because the inner elbow and behind the ear has thinner skin.

I think it is because these areas are a little more sensitive x

It's a combination of the two ....the stain is less visible and the two areas ,particularly behind the ear is a sensitive area so any adverse reaction is detectable relatively quickly
HTH :hug:

I though it was also because the inner elbow and behind the ear has thinner skin.
Yes that was what I was taught and therefore more sensitive so if a reaction were to occur it definately would.:green:

Yes that was what I was taught and therefore more sensitive so if a reaction were to occur it definately would.:green:

Yes you've basically completed (and made clearer) what I meant! :lol:

Thanks guys, that's great and of course make perfect sense.

Latest posts

Back