patch testing for eye lash tint help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

Im a newby at college and we are doing eyelash tints, we are to bring a friend on Monday evening (first time back) and I was not in when she explained how to do a patch test on clients which i need to do prior to Monday on my friend.

Its a silly question but I know you can apply a small amount on the underside of the elbow or behind the ear, but my question is do I just put the blue/black tint onto the skin or am i to mix it with the peroxide and if so what ratio??:?::?::?:

hopr you can help as my teacher not in till monday and too late and wont be able to do tinting on my friend and will end up behind:sad:

Also one last question, when i once had a tint in a salon a while ago they ended up staining the skin under my lower lashes? would it just of been they did not apply enough pertoleum? when we apply the guards they dont seem to be right up to the eyelashes until the client closes their eyes is this the norm i did 2 tints last night and it did not stain the skin:suprised:

cheers

cheers

Just mix your tint up the same as you did last night,
only using less of each product and apply to behind the ear, elbow or behind the knee hth
by the way you should not have done the 2 tints that you did last night if you are not yet trained, i am not having a go at you at all but it is a dangerous treatment to do untrained, you can get all sorts of reactions from bad swelling to blindness,
i know your just eager to get on with it all but please for your sake and others just wait until you are trained fully in each area hth

Thanks for the quiick reply, we mixed the tint as 1 cm to 5 drops of peroxide so il do that and of course only use a small amount behind the ear.:suprised:
cheers

You do mix the solution of peroxide and tint together but just less than normal as you dont want to waste it.

You do find that with some clients that the underneath of the eye isnt covered by the pads until their eyes are closed - you need to make sure that it is when their eyes are closed that no tint will get onto the skin. This is something that you will pick up over time.

HTH - good luck for Monday.

Hi there

thanks for the good advice. Do you wet your shields before you apply the petroleum on them? I found they fit great on one student but then wouldnt fit right up on the other? also found one student with curly eyelashes that would not lie flat when applying the tint is this ok?
:suprised:

Hi there

thanks for the good advice. Do you wet your shields before you apply the petroleum on them? I found they fit great on one student but then wouldnt fit right up on the other? also found one student with curly eyelashes that would not lie flat when applying the tint is this ok?
:suprised:

I do slightly wet the cotton pads before I apply them but not too wet as this will dilute the tint. You do sometimes find that some clients lashes dont stick down and lie flat so you need to check them throughout the developing time to make sure there is sufficient tint for them to still take the colour.

Thanks Theresa, good sound advice, Im looking forward to it now!:D

I do slightly wet the cotton pads before I apply them but not too wet as this will dilute the tint. You do sometimes find that some clients lashes dont stick down and lie flat so you need to check them throughout the developing time to make sure there is sufficient tint for them to still take the colour.

I also sometimes use another moistened eye shield (I cut my own from facial tissue) or a moist cotton pad laid over the entire eye area once the tint mixture is applied. This helps to hold all the lashes in the tint and prevent them from popping up out of the tint. Also, many clients find it soothing.

Latest posts

Back