Patch testing for eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-lashes

Reaction score
Do you all patch test? Im loosing potential clients as they dont want to bother with the patch test but i was told we had to and a waiver would not stand up in court. I dont know what to do i need clients but i dont want to put anyone at risk. By patch test i mean 2 lashes on each eye as the glue does not touch the skin so no point doing the traditional patch test x

Yep you should still always patch test otherwise any problems and insurance wont pay out wether they have signed consultation for or not to say they waiver the test. If they dont want the lashes doing right then they will go somewhere else but that is then on their insurance.

, member: 6556"]Yep you should still always patch test otherwise any problems and insurance wont pay out wether they have signed consultation for or not to say they waiver the test. If they dont want the lashes doing right then they will go somewhere else but that is then on their insurance.[/QUOTE]

Thank you do you do the traditional patch test or the 2 lashes patch test or does it depend on what the insurance states

I always attach a couple of lashes to the outer edge and then try all the other products im going to use along the lash line.

When I was trained I was told a patch test was not necessary because the glue should not go near the skin, however I do patch test and I have had clients react! I've also come across a client who had the patch test and had no problems but a week into having the eyelash's had problems with eye's itching and burning.

I now tell clients, a patch is for their protection and for insurance purposes but even if they do not have a reaction that doesn't mean at some point they may become sensitive and have a reaction.

Even if allergy tests are given doesn't mean that person won't have a reaction or further down the line, it just means you will be covered by your insurance should this happen. So always follow the manufacturers guidelines as these are what your insurance company will ask did you follow. [emoji4]

Always patch test. I agree with 'beautyxperts' post above. You need to make sure you are covered by your insurance otherwise you could yourself in serious trouble over one impatient customer.

Latest posts

Back