Patch testing for mobile therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanfastic

Reaction score
Hi there geeks, just wanting to know how you administer patch tests to clients for mobile treatments. I find I am wasting a lot of produst by sending mini-samples out by post and then of course you cant tell if they really did the patch test at all. I make sure that they sign the disclaimer which states that they did the patch test as supplied.

What do you do and how well does it work ?

I never used to send patch testing samples for fear that the client hadn't done it. I used to drive round to house and do the test myself for my piece of mind.

It's a pain but generally doesn't have to be too often, most regulars I would patch test even if they just casusually happened to mention they were interested in maybe having eyelashes done in the future, that way it was all out of the way and recorded on their card. If they chose not to go ahead it didnt matter but if they did I had peace of mind.

Haven't done mobile for years but this was the way I did things.

Thanks for the reply, I am also afraid that they wont do it but sometimes it is so difficult to drive there, do the test then drive ther again a few days later. Cant wait for my home salon to "Open"

Thanks for the reply, I am also afraid that they wont do it but sometimes it is so difficult to drive there, do the test then drive ther again a few days later. Cant wait for my home salon to "Open"

It's so much better working from home, absolute bliss not having to lug all your equipment down the road when you can find a parking space outside clients house, then having to continually set up etc.

Good luck with it x

I drive to the clients house to do the patch test a couple days before. It's a pain but I daren't send patch tests out incase the client didn't do it, and had a reaction.

Good luck with your home salon :) xxx

I work from home, but if I'm patch testing for tinting or lash extensions and they can't get to me then I will drive to them to patch test. Not worth not doing it and worth the petrol if they have a reaction to the test.
For HD Brows you can send little patch test kits out for clients to use. They have to sign their record are to say that they have patch tested and had no reaction. If the are lying and there not done it, on their head be it once the have signed the dotted line.

My iPad is being especially stupid and the above reply looks like I cannot spell! Or I may be tired!

Thanks for the replies so far, I suppose I will have to drive out and do. At least it gives me a chance to find them, check parking availability and meet the client. Might do the consultation and all the preliminaries at the time then on the day it's just in and out. The problem is that I will probably have to increase my prices a little as my car is a thirsty tank. LOL Too good to get rid of but too expensive to waste trips.( And the dogs love it)

Thanks for the replies so far, I suppose I will have to drive out and do. At least it gives me a chance to find them, check parking availability and meet the client. Might do the consultation and all the preliminaries at the time then on the day it's just in and out. The problem is that I will probably have to increase my prices a little as my car is a thirsty tank. LOL Too good to get rid of but too expensive to waste trips.( And the dogs love it)

Get yourself a little runaround, cheap insurance,cheaper fuel and cheaper tax adds up to more spare cash flow. Oh yes and easier to park.:lol: I wouldn't be without my little runaround, though we have a big car too.

It is better to go to the house sometimes before, as you said because you do get to check on parking situation etc and you will have peace of mind that the client has had the patch testing and it has done been correctly.

Maybe a little increase will be needed but I find a lot of mobile therapists undercut themselves anyway considering it is far easier for the client to have a therapist visit their homes and the mobile therapist should be providing an equal treatment to the salon therapist wihout the hassle of the client having to drive to the salon, spend money on fuel etc.

I patch test all my clients, when they come in for their first treatment or I use a new tube of tint or glue. Then write it on their card. As clients are funny creatures & spring "can you do me a tint at the same time?!" on you all the time - I update it every year too. :)

We did get a little cheap runaround and Hubby snaffled it ! He does many more miles than me so I suppose its fair but if I have a busy day or a lot of distance to cover he lets me use the little car. We had 3 cars until recently and it just costs too much on insurances and taxes etc, we seriously considered getting rid of my Land Rover but it's in such good condition with very little mileage and we do need it for our outdoor lifestyle. Now I may find myself back in the position of having 3 cars!

Maybe a little trailer for my bike? Ha Ha

We did get a little cheap runaround and Hubby snaffled it ! He does many more miles than me so I suppose its fair but if I have a busy day or a lot of distance to cover he lets me use the little car. We had 3 cars until recently and it just costs too much on insurances and taxes etc, we seriously considered getting rid of my Land Rover but it's in such good condition with very little mileage and we do need it for our outdoor lifestyle. Now I may find myself back in the position of having 3 cars!

Maybe a little trailer for my bike? Ha Ha

Hey you could be onto something there :lol:

I have sometimes wondered seriously about it. Norfolk is quite flat so not that many hills to cycle up but I wonder what type of image I would be portraying turning up all windswept and sweaty. Not a very glamorous look, giggle

If I were wanting a treatment at home would I pick the crazy bike lady or the cool glamorous lady pulling up in a shiny 4X4. ( Am I sounding snobby? Hope not, also I am not all that glam either) But I do believe we are not only selling our services we also sell our image and a lifestyle image.

I think it would be difficult to ride a bike because of the lovely image you portrayed :biggrin:. Also the issue with not having the space to be able to cart everything around which i used to do with all my clients.

Reason beng I didnt want to go to a house, give a massage or carry out lash extensions and then they ask for a mani and I didn't have my mani desk for example. I know if you're busy you wouldn't necessarily be able to do the extra treatments but if the slot is there I wanted to be able to do it all.

I think it would be difficult to ride a bike because of the lovely image you portrayed :biggrin:. Also the issue with not having the space to be able to cart everything around which i used to do with all my clients.

Reason beng I didnt want to go to a house, give a massage or carry out lash extensions and then they ask for a mani and I didn't have my mani desk for example. I know if you're busy you wouldn't necessarily be able to do the extra treatments but if the slot is there I wanted to be able to do it all.
Oh no, just imagine... Bike, trailer, another trailer for Mani table and then the couch trailing behind. I would be a one woman convoy:twisted:

Latest posts

Back