Patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahKate

Reaction score
hi!
I'm a nail tech recently qualified in lash and brow tint and lash lift.
I'm starting to get bookings now so I need to organise myself.
Ok so would it be alright for me to put some tint/perking lotion/setting lotion into small plastic screw pots and keep it aside for patch tests?
Or would it go funny being in there after a while?
Any info appreciated, thanks!

perming lotion lol not perking

Ideally it should be fresh or atleast not over a day old

Glad I saw this. I'm in the same position as HannahKate, did my course with training solutions using salon services products and my couch has just arrived so will be booking clients soon. So ...

Just dot on mixed tint, plus perm and fix lotion? And cover with a plaster?

That's what we were taught, that's what my notes say, but their manual says 'do not cover' so I'm confused.

Also does the tint stay on till they see you again or are they allowed to wash it off? And doesn't it stain their skin? We were told to put just below the inside crook of the arm.

Can anybody clarify? Thank you

I would not cover with a plaster....I for one am allergic to plasters! :p
They must leave in place for 48 hours.

When they come for the treatment, check the area for any reddening of the skin, and make sure they haven't experienced any burning / irritation etc.

The product you test with must be fresh. :cool:

I test (lvl) on arms or behind the ear. I try & do the tint on one ear/arm & lotions, bonding glue & serum on the other as in training they said if a client reacts to the tint but not the products you can still perform the lift but miss out the tinting.

If everything is in the same spot, you wouldnt know what they reacted too xx

Latest posts

Back