Patchy bleach highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel87

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a new client who has bleach foil highlights.
I highlighted her hair today and really noticed how uneven her colour is. She says she's only ever had bleach but would also like a toner - she says her hair goes brassy the last couple of weeks before it needs doing.

She is a base 7 and I used 6% which has lifted to a 10 but throughout her hair she has lifts of 8, 9 and 10.
How do I even this out?
And how do I select a toner?
I use leyton house

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks x

How do you think you should choose a toner?

Well, if you weaved out the hair that was to be highlighted and you could see there was parts on the already blonde hair thats darker, you'd apply the bleach to those places. But is her hair patchy or is there just pieces that are darker and pieces that are lighter?

Well if it's lifted to 9 and 10 then I'll need to choose something with violet. But how do I know whether to use a 10. Or 9. ?
If i use a 10. then it won't tone anything that's not lifted to a 10, if I choose a 9. will that even it out?

The hair is definitely patchy, you can see from previous re growths different levels of lift.

Would it be best to apply 3% to the lengths of the already bleached hair?

Well if it's lifted to 9 and 10 then I'll need to choose something with violet. But how do I know whether to use a 10. Or 9. ?
If i use a 10. then it won't tone anything that's not lifted to a 10, if I choose a 9. will that even it out?

The hair is definitely patchy, you can see from previous re growths different levels of lift.

Would it be best to apply 3% to the lengths of the already bleached hair?

If its yellow then yes you need violet.

No because you'll damage it if you apply it where it doest need it. I wouldn't even use 3% thats still quite strong. 1.9% would be better. Apply it only where needed.

A 10 will still tone a 9, it just wont be as intense a tone.

Latest posts

Back