Paul Mitchell in Sally's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINK LADIES

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard about Sally's being able to sell Paul Mitchell products now? I believe it is just retail and not colours but anyone who uses Paul Mitchell knows that they have a very strong ethos in that it is strictly a professional only product and they endorse constant training to deliver the best results to the client!
Sallys claim to be strict with their membership but this is not true! Tibby Olivier products are now selling there and i was re-assured that i would be asked for my Shrinking Violet qualification whenever i bought stock from there! I have NEVER been asked for this. My neighbour uses her friends card to buy professional products there and so this worries me that Paul Mitchell will become downgraded as a result of being purchased from Sallys and it will no longer be a professional range or product exclusive to salons.

yes not very happy about this at all! it is apparently online only at the moment but who hasnt got access to a sallys card these days?!!

They are only available to be purchased in trade only stores and won't be in duel trade and retail ones.

My local wholesalers (independent one) sells Paul Mitchell retail products, and it's open to every tom dick and Harry!!!

My local wholesalers (independent one) sells Paul Mitchell retail products, and it's open to every tom dick and Harry!!!
Same here , makes me so cross !!

It will be redken next!

They are only available to be purchased in trade only stores and won't be in duel trade and retail ones.

As we are trained to advise our clients on correct product usage and Paul Mitchell instill the importance of training any stylist not trained in Paul Mitchell can wrongly advise to the client making the client feel that Paul Mitchell doesn't work for them. By stocking Paul Mitchell in Sally's it is taking the uniqueness away of being a Paul Mitchell salon - something that our clients enjoy.
Everyone can get hold of a Sallys card and the staff that i have come across in 3 different Sally's aren't bothered whether you are qualified or indeed in the trade anyway. May as well stock it in Boots or Superdrug!!

As we are trained to advise our clients on correct product usage and Paul Mitchell instill the importance of training any stylist not trained in Paul Mitchell can wrongly advise to the client making the client feel that Paul Mitchell doesn't work for them. By stocking Paul Mitchell in Sally's it is taking the uniqueness away of being a Paul Mitchell salon - something that our clients enjoy.
Everyone can get hold of a Sallys card and the staff that i have come across in 3 different Sally's aren't bothered whether you are qualified or indeed in the trade anyway. May as well stock it in Boots or Superdrug!!

I have worked in salons stocked with Paul Mitchell salons for 10 years and have never once been trained by a Paul Mitchell rep or anyone else for that matter and I have never wrongly advised a product for them.

I also understand that alot of people have access to a sally card the sally trade only stores I have shopped in have been really strict with selling to trade only and no public. but also I find alot of people have access to an Alan Howard.
I have been to a few other wholesalers such as aston and fincher and hair cosmetics ltd and have never needed to produce any certificates to get my items for the trade price so I suppose they are all as bad as each other in that case.

Latest posts

Back