Paula Abdul's Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just looked at this weeks copy of ok mag and there was an article regarding Paula Abdul visiting a nail salon in the usa. She said that the technician who performed the manicure pushed her cuticles really back and cut her quite bad, Paula then states that she then got an infection and had to have her nail removed it was that bad:( . The salon have said that they didnot perform the manicure, but Paula has said that she is going to sue them!!!!!!!!!!!!!i'm quite intrested to hear the outcome, so if anyone hears anything.........keep me posted.

Amanda

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

we need to be hearing some positive really good feedback in these magazines, not just the Nail Profession magazines that we all see. People just focus on the bad press - cant we counteract this ?????

Do any of the big Nail companies do articles (big) in all the regular magazines that everyday people read ? not just product related ? but along the lines of some of the stuff in our nail mags ??

Id really like to start seeing some great news and feedback re "qualified" nail technicians and some marketing / feedback / pics on the "good" companies such as Creative, EzFlow etc to name only a couple

?????????? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kx

Lily said:
Hi there,

Just looked at this weeks copy of ok mag and there was an article regarding Paula Abdul visiting a nail salon in the usa. She said that the technician who performed the manicure pushed her cuticles really back and cut her quite bad, Paula then states that she then got an infection and had to have her nail removed it was that bad:( . The salon have said that they didnot perform the manicure, but Paula has said that she is going to sue them!!!!!!!!!!!!!i'm quite intrested to hear the outcome, so if anyone hears anything.........keep me posted.

Amanda

SORRY

just had to post something and i tend to type as i speak, not great with words etc

kx

Karren said:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

we need to be hearing some positive really good feedback in these magazines, not just the Nail Profession magazines that we all see. People just focus on the bad press - cant we counteract this ?????

Do any of the big Nail companies do articles (big) in all the regular magazines that everyday people read ? not just product related ? but along the lines of some of the stuff in our nail mags ??

Id really like to start seeing some great news and feedback re "qualified" nail technicians and some marketing / feedback / pics on the "good" companies such as Creative, EzFlow etc to name only a couple

?????????? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kx

Hiya Karen,

I know what you mean about bad press lately...........where is all the good press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something needs to be done (dont know what exactly) but something on the lines of regular articles in everyday magazines like Hello and Ok...................they put regular features in for beauty and hair ........why not nails.................come on Marian your the woman to get thing rolling.

Amanda

Hi Amanda (again!)

I'm doing my best! I quoted every month in something or another (This month Tatler, Marie Claire and several others). I try to promote the industry but on the whole the journos are so sceptical (see "Steaming" and "media help please")

The prof nail companies don't advertise in the nationals because it is so prohibitavely expensive. Companies like Creative and OPI do a great job at PR so many of their products will get mentioned but it is difficult for them as, again, journos are sceptical. It's only things like oil and polish that get mentioned.

Marian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back