paw prints on nails ... help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
hiya ..x

have a client coming tomorrow who has asked for paw prints on the tips of her natural nails....:rolleyes:

i don't do nail art apart from a few flicks and gems so help me out...

is it just a big blob with 3 smaller blobs....whats best to use...and do you think its wrong of me to try and persuade her to have something a little more grown up..:lol:

i know each to there own and all that but i just cant see this looking nice...when she booked i asked how old the little girl was and she said "no its for me, i saw someone with it on and it looked nice"

aghhhh...i don't wanna do it.........:irked:

hey there is no one more willing to part with their money than a besotted pet owner!! i should know ha ha am obsessed with my little chihuahua ha ha. NAILTOPIA do little decals called puppies an pooches (i think, its pooches an poodles maybe??) really cute, al cats an dogs an paw prints an only about £2.50 per sheet. they have a website.

other than that i would maybe just stick to doing one on each ring finger (the black dot idea) maybe just on the french tip? if she likes print why not advise her to go zebra...? easier to do an looks much more glam ha ha :)

Angie get a dotting tool one large dot and 3 small and you have the paw print design :)

hey there is no one more willing to part with their money than a besotted pet owner!! i should know ha ha am obsessed with my little chihuahua ha ha. NAILTOPIA do little decals called puppies an pooches (i think, its pooches an poodles maybe??) really cute, al cats an dogs an paw prints an only about £2.50 per sheet. they have a website.

other than that i would maybe just stick to doing one on each ring finger (the black dot idea) maybe just on the french tip? if she likes print why not advise her to go zebra...? easier to do an looks much more glam ha ha :)

cheers chick...too late for nailtopia now...i should have thought of that before.

i know some people are pet mad and all that and i am being a total ass for being so unenthusiastic about this...i just think a nice french would look better...even a few flick or something...there are her nails so i should just do them and get over it.

thanks again ...ohhh and if i don't know how to do paw prints what hope do i have for zebra prints...:lol:

I agree with Lell, a dotting tool is the answer, one large dot then 3 wee ones around it in a triangle formation if you like. My daughter and her friends get me to do these all the time lol. :)

Angie get a dotting tool one large dot and 3 small and you have the paw print design :)

yep a dotting tool would be the best thing, but if you haven't got one for the morning try using the end of a paint brush does the same thing, just make sure its small enough. xx

i have just been practising that but have to say it didn't look great...and i think i did the dots too close cos it ended up looking like one large blob...:lol:...see this is why i don't do nail art..:lol:

zebras are mega easy. takes min's an looks really good. i'll do some tomorrow and post a quicky step by step with pic's.

good luck with the dog lady hee hee :lol:

zebras are mega easy. takes min's an looks really good. i'll do some tomorrow and post a quicky step by step with pic's.

good luck with the dog lady hee hee :lol:

wow thats great ...look forward to it. x

i have just been practising that but have to say it didn't look great...and i think i did the dots too close cos it ended up looking like one large blob...:lol:...see this is why i don't do nail art..:lol:

What to do is is your main dot, then a good distance apart do one dot to the right, then at the top then at the left :)

does my big dot have to be shaped...?? or just a dot

Basically just a dot hun but you'll find as you take the tool off if you put it straight down then lift straight up again it does look like a pad.

God does that make sense? Don't try to make a shape.

ok..thanks i;ll let you know how i get on...or not...:lol: thanks everyone xx

yep a dotting tool would be the best thing, but if you haven't got one for the morning try using the end of a paint brush does the same thing, just make sure its small enough. xx

before i had any dotting tools (i'm talking 10 yrs ago or so here, when i first started playing around with nail art) i used to use a pin head - it's pretty similar to a dotting tool end - if you don't want to use it as it is try sticking the end in a bit of an eraser or some blu tak

Picture for you. It's the last one in the bugs/animals section

Nail Art

Hth's. Good luck!

ok..thanks i;ll let you know how i get on...or not...:lol: thanks everyone xx

Good luck hun, you'll be fine, just try not to think about it too much, just do it iykwim :)

LOL you made me wake my dog up:lol: I do agree its not my cup of tea, but I'll give you a worse one, friend of mine is a tattooist and she has been asked by men as well as women to tattoo their pets :eek:, :eek: your children I can understand but your dog,cat and once a rabbit:eek:
Good luck with this hun, I've done them on kids and at least you have a bigger canvas to work with:rolleyes:

Hi angie,

I made you a step-by-step "simple one" for the pawprints

pawprints.jpg

1 With a large dotting tool you pick up enough polish or acrylic paint and apply a dot on the nail. If the dot isn,t nice and round you can adjust it a bit by swirling your dottingtool around to adjust it a bit until it looks round.
2. with a smaller dotting tool apply two smaller dots on the lower left and right from your previous dot => i have wrote a 1000 times to word dot by now :rolleyes:
They should overlap the previous dot with their right and left half.
3. Apply with the small dotting tool 4 oval shaped dots above this. You basically just smear a round dot a bit outwards to create an oval shape.

This pawprint looks a bit more realistic so you escape the regular one dot with three dots on top of it...even though that one is easier to do. Just give it a go and see what suits you more
Hope this was of any help in your quest to master the art of applying pawprints :green:

XXX:hug:

just done this on myself....(excuse cuticle...desperate for oil)....will this pass...? personally i think it looks s**t...x

Attachments

• paw print 001.jpg
    paw print 001.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Back