Pay what you think it’s worth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steviestu

Reaction score
I'm in an area saturated with salons. Building clientele is quite steady, but very slow since moving back to the area having been away for several years. Does anyone have an opinion on me offering a limited number of appointments for up~styles during December, on this basis?
Up~styling is an area I am competent in, but not confident.
I thought it might be a way of getting an extra few pennies, building confidence and possibly picking up the odd new client on the way?????
Perhaps I should suggest a minimum? .........say, maybe £15??

I'm in an area saturated with salons. Building clientele is quite steady, but very slow since moving back to the area having been away for several years. Does anyone have an opinion on me offering a limited number of appointments for up~styles during December, on this basis?
Up~styling is an area I am competent in, but not confident.
I thought it might be a way of getting an extra few pennies, building confidence and possibly picking up the odd new client on the way?????
Perhaps I should suggest a minimum? .........say, maybe £15??
Do not do "pay what you think it's worth" people will take advantage and leave you dishearten and disappointed.
I would do a free consultation with them before hand and discuss a price then!
You don't want to spend 1 hour and a half on someone's hair, who is a nightmare client for them to give you £15! It wouldn't be worth your while, you could do a root colour and cut and Blowdry in that time!

I would not be so quick to poo poo the idea. I think if you had a £15 minimum fee people might take that as a guide price and it takes away from the idea of trusting people. No doubt there are people that will take advantage, I rather think there might be more that like being trusted and won’t. I guess the only way to find out how many is to give it a go.

Great idea. I think if you advertise a minimum price that you’re ok with, then it will be a good opportunity to fill some free slots and increase your experience in this area. Also, consider offering a limited range of choices of up-do (menu options) that aren’t too complex, so that you know you won’t risk running over into your next appointment.

I had a hairdressing buddy that did something similar soon after she qualified as we weren’t given much instruction in up-do’s. She became very proficient, quicker and more creative after a few weeks of practice so it’s definitely worth doing.

Latest posts

Back