Paying a ‘Saturday girl’?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Hi folks
I have a 16 year old Saturday girl who works 10.00 - 4.00. and gets paid £40.00 at the end of the day.
She has been with me since Christmas.
As we are now closed I would like to know if I should still be paying her.

Hi folks
I have a 16 year old Saturday girl who works 10.00 - 4.00. and gets paid £40.00 at the end of the day.
Is she cash in hand?
Or is she an official employee?

Hi there
She’s a cash in hand wee Saturday girl

Generally then I should imagine they wouldn't get paid. When I was an assistant if the salon was quiet and they didn't need men, then I wouldn't have work and obviously wouldn't get paid.

I don’t think I should pay - however - I don’t ever like not to do ‘the right thing’
To be fair - the arrangement - at best - has been ‘casual’ - since starting at Christmas her attendance rate has been 70%

I don’t think I should pay - however - I don’t ever like not to do ‘the right thing’
To be fair - the arrangement - at best - has been ‘casual’ - since starting at Christmas her attendance rate has been 70%
Hi my Saturday girl is through the books and will be getting paid 80% of her wage.

Personally I don't think I'd be paying her, I don't think I'd expect to be paid to be fair, especially as it's casual and not official. I know not everyone thinks that way. If she was officially an employee / on the books, of course you could expect to pay her 80%,of her wage.
One things for sure you'll definitely need her when we get back to our salons. If you can afford to do it and you feel you should be, then pay her. You have to go with your gut instinct on this one. But don't leave her hanging.

They’ll be a lot of unemployed people when this period of enforced closure ends.
If she’s not been very reliable, I’d be inclined to give someone else the opportunity to work for you when you start up again.

Sorry but I wouldn't pay x

Hi folks

On the basis of furloughing staff I think there is a minimum weekly wage that can be claimed for through the Government scheme, if you were going to use that as a guideline.

Latest posts

Back