Paying National Insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezmereyez

Reaction score
Hello ive been completely self employed since just last year, I was under the understanding I should receive a letter through the post regarding national insurance payments, however this hasn't happened. What do you guys all do, does it form part of your tax return now?

I called up HMRC in a panic about this, I was in exactly the same situation as you and was really worrying about it!
But yes they just told me that it will be included when you do your tax return so don't worry about it :) obviously just make sure you factor in the extra money you will need to pay it! xxx

It changed in the last 6 months or so, I used to pay by DD which HMRC stopped collecting and it will be added to my tax return in future.

Hi guys I've been worrying about this too as haven't had a letter for ages and been putting off calling incase my bill is huge (silly I know-I would just pay them as I have q reserve for tax etc) glad I saw this xxx

Ahh okay I was worrying too. I submitted my tax return back in around June or July time... around the same time I had my last NI letter.

So does this mean when I submit my next return it will be July to April or July to when I decide to submit my return?

Ahh okay I was worrying too. I submitted my tax return back in around June or July time... around the same time I had my last NI letter.

So does this mean when I submit my next return it will be July to April or July to when I decide to submit my return?
It will be April to April & they'll give you an ni bill in April

Thanks everyone great help

Latest posts

Back