Payment in Home Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole.B

Reaction score
For all you home salon owners , how do you accept payment.
I am just opening and only accepting cash at the moment, if its new clients, but really feel i should offer payment by cheque as well, but worried about cheques bouncing:eek:..xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Its your salon, you make the rules. Chqs are being phased out anyway arnt they. I use to take chqs but i don't know....why should i have to wait 5 days for my money....??? why should I find the time to have to bank the chq's instead of the clients finding the time to go to a cash point. IMO they are just too much hassle. Cash only for me.

Last edited:
I take cash and cheques, sometimes its more convenient, I usually just bank once a week and most of my clients I either know or know of them so I know where to find them if they bounce, which they never have yet, I take a guarentee card number of peeps I don't know. Are they really fazing them out, lol. I pay by cheque all the time, he he, I'm lazy.., Cx

I only take cash, I refuse to take cheques after I had a few bounce on me :rolleyes:

why should I find the time to have to bank the chq's instead of the clients finding the time to go to a cash point. IMO they are just too much hassle. Cash only for me.
I agree, when I was mobile and payed by cheque they could be sitting in my bag for a week or so waiting to be banked..xx

My advice?? Stick to cash only.

As long as clients know you have a cash only policy, it is up to them to deal with having the correct amount with them when they arrive.

Hello! well I am mobile and take cash or cheques.....do prefer cash though as its instant but haven't had any problems with cheques as of yet? Early days though as I've only been mobile for a few months :lol: xxx

Thanks for your replies.
I think I will stick to cash only, I already have it in place on my website and will inform new clients on booking of my cash only policy..xx

You could get them to bacs it to you online if you work from home or they have internet.

Latest posts

Back