Paypal has taken money from me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly Ann

Sweetie Geekie
Reaction score
Hi guys!!
I have just logged onto my email account and I have an email from paypal saying they have taken £202 from me for and Item that I bought on ebay but I havent bought anything for about a year and a half!!
There are a load of links to click on so that I can go straight to my account to check but but Idaren't click on them incase this is a scam!!

What should I do?

dont click !!! thats prob what iot is, go into ebay and look from there, if its real it will be in there.

I've just checked and its not there!!
Should I let Ebay or paypal know or something?

I definately haven't bought anything!!

Alternatively go into your paypal account the usual way and check your account.

If the transaction is showing then contact the resolution centre and dispute it.

If there is no transaction then forward the e-mail to the paypal spoof address.

Thanks hun! Will do!!
My parents are away so I dint know who to ask for advice!!
YOu geeky guys are great!! xx:hug:

What ever you do DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS THROUGH YOUR E-MAIL. This will be a trick to get your password. People send e-mails like this everyday asking people to click on Paypal and ebay links through an e-mail but they just want your passwords. If you want to check your Paypal account go to the Paypal website and log on there but not through any e-mails. I sell things on ebay and have done for the past 5 years and get loads of these e-mails a day I just delete them.

Yep i've had loads of scam emails from both ebay and paypal so be careful. The best thing is to ignore any emails and log straight into your ebay and paypal accounts to check anything first.

You should report any e-mails that you get that say they are from e-bay or paypal and ask you to click on them for details etc...the address to send these to is [email protected]
I always report things like this and they then send a notification that they have received it and then another e-mail to tell me if it was a spoof.

I had the exact same email. THIS IS A SCAM send the email to [email protected] then get rid of it. DO NOT click on any links. Log into your paypal account by entering the address yourself and ou will see its not there. hth

DO NOT CLICK ON IT!! If its from Paypal you need to send it to [email protected]. or if its from e-bay send it to [email protected]. Even though it appears to be official I can guarantee its a fraud/spoof e-mail. I get these all the time and report them immediatley, once you've forwarded it delete it from your inbox. Now I'm not technical but if you can, alter your e-mail options to display the full headers on incoming messages rather than brief headings then send it like that to spoof e-bay or Paypal, that way they can see who has sent the message. (hope that makes sense!)
I am a good warning to these messages as I found out yesterday that I've had fraudulant money taken from my bank account after falling for one of these e-mails months ago, luckily though once I followed the link I immediatley realised this was stupid and cancelled all my bank cards etc. I'm still waiting to hear from fraud team at bank to find out if I'll get my money back.
At the moment I seem to be getting alot like yours saying I've paid such an amount for IBM Thinkpads or Indian knifes!!
Sorry to blab on but I need to warn you geeks of this as I don't want you to go what I've been through!!

I had this email too last week, forward it to [email protected] - then delete it xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back