Paypal users - beware spoof emails!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Garfield*

Reaction score
Following on from sassys thread re phone scams,:hug: I just wanted to alert any paypal users to a scam going around at the mo.

Last week I recieved an email from paypal.com, saying that there had been a problem with a transaction on my account, so they were limiting my spending until I logged on through a link in the email. Luckily I smelt a rat,:idea: so logged onto paypal through a seperate window- low and behold there was nothing on my account to suggest a problem.

I did try the link, just to see what it was all about, and it takes you to a very authentic 'paypal' login page, it asks for your account password, mothers maiden name, and bank details.

I did alert paypal to this, but just wanted to warn other paypal users!!:eek:

thanks for the warning hun!!!!

xxxxxxx

I use paypal quite a lot so will be aware of this from now on, Thanks for the Info.:eek:

Blimey they're all at it! Does no one want to make an honest living any more, you have to be so careful as it only take a moment when you're half asleep and bam, you've been stung!

I know, its so scary, they are so authentic looking some of these sites, you can see how its easy for people to be duped into giving their details.:mad:

I get these nearly all the time, when i first got one they was asking me to confirm my paypal acount because a third party was trying to use it. I didnt belive it though and good job because it was a spoof. I also got a fake reciept from paypal for an order for huge bulks of coffee in America. i contacted this supplier and they told me it was a spoof so i sent it to paypal who confirmed it was. Just watch out guys. x

i had this problem with e bay too
like they sasy never click on any link you receive in a mail
go directly to the site and log in your account if there s a problem it will tells you
and if you have a doubt write them or call them to ask what s going on and nevr give your bank or credit card infos

I get these too i read the 1st line and if it isnt addressed to me and just says paypal customer i always delete it straight away!

Latest posts

Back