PB London - who’s going?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllenHyuga

Beauty Therapist
Reaction score
What are you looking forward to? I’m going to be raiding the INK London stand [emoji2] I’ve also won some eyeshadow from the PB app so will be picking that up!
I went last year with college but didn’t get much time there, so this year I’m going with hubby in the car so we get more time to look round! X

I'm going up on the Sunday with my daughter. I'm Also going to be stocking up on INK products, and Eve Taylor skincare and also hoping to pick up some more spray tan samples and also full sized bottles as they usually have good deals on. We're taking our beauty trollies to carry everything back to our hotel!!

Oh and lots of glitter no doubt! ;-)

We’re going on the Sunday as well :) just booked our parking space. I’ve made a list of stuff I need/want to look at! I must remember to take some bags with me...I don’t think hubby will be pleased if he has to carry everything [emoji23] x

We’re going on the Sunday as well :) just booked our parking space. I’ve made a list of stuff I need/want to look at! I must remember to take some bags with me...I don’t think hubby will be pleased if he has to carry everything [emoji23] x

I've also made (an ever growing!) list! We've nearly completed our garage conversion into a beauty salon so we'll have loads more space than we've currently got in my treatment room in the house, so need to stock up! Companies like Moroccan Tan and Crazy Angel etc usually hand out bags as advertising. MT's bags were HUGE last year and pretty sturdy too! Crazy Angel gave us several and theirs were sturdy too but if you're planning on buying in bulk or heavy items a trolley (or one of those small cabin wheeled suitcases) might be worth considering to save your poor arms lol! My hubby drove us up and went off for the day last year, but this year he let me book a hotel room at the Ibis just up the road. It was £66 all in, including breakfast for my daughter and I, which I thought was pretty reasonable for London. X

I've created a list too, held myself back from buying much needed stock, hope the deals are good! :)

I’m planning on going next Monday, but no matter how many times I’ve made a list, I’ve rarely stuck to it LOL

I’ve rewrote my list 5000 times already [emoji23] sometimes I wish I had a credit card! [emoji23]

Went to professional beauty yesterday, how did you guys find it?

There was so many machine brands, I kinda got overwhelmed! The majority of the brands had good special offers but some that I thought were there, were not and alot of exhibitors were doing online sales/delivery so it kinda made going a bit pointless. I found it's really changed this year.

I went by myself and I have to admit I'm one of those that shopped through every aisle- I mapped out my route:D..4 hours later, I hardly had any bags on me as everything was getting delivered so I didn't need to lug it around. My shopping list was depleted!

Sales reps on certain brands really gripe me, sitting in the middle/trying to engage their attention while they chatting to their colleague, then the occasional one dropping 30 thousand K bombs:eek: like its all natural to have you know up to 35K:eek: just lying around!! Some of the newest and latest technology to me, looks great but there is no demos (unless you wanna spend starting from 30k:eek:), Warranties are only for 6-12 months, servicing is an additional fee, so are parts and training might be free for up to 3-5 ppl. It's like a set speech for most stands! Don't worry you get £500 pounds off the price for that day!! Jeez I found it bit repetitive and boring!

I really liked the demos on many stands that displayed different techniques, it made me want to book in for more classes. The trainers for many brands deserve a drink! They were so professional, really helpful and knowledgeable to help you regardless if you were an new/existing client. In the previous years there was more of a push for tanning, or nails then lashes, its always been quite diverse. This year however was defiantly all about tools and equipment. So those that missed out, don't worry most of the deals are online but only for today. xoxo

I went yesterday and really enjoyed it.:)
Had a good experience with iiaa...very professional as always, but a special THANK YOU to Lorraine Perretta, for all her help and advise regarding their supplement range.
Really enjoyed the Samual Sweet seminar....Excellent...and what a nice man.:D
Liz Mckeaon put us through our paces.... No flies on that lady!...I definitely need to 'KNOW MY NUMBERS'!:oops:
Spent way too much...but feel confident with my purchases.....only time will tell!:cool:

Went to professional beauty yesterday, how did you guys find it?

There was so many machine brands, I kinda got overwhelmed! The majority of the brands had good special offers but some that I thought were there, were not and alot of exhibitors were doing online sales/delivery so it kinda made going a bit pointless. I found it's really changed this year.

I went by myself and I have to admit I'm one of those that shopped through every aisle- I mapped out my route:D..4 hours later, I hardly had any bags on me as everything was getting delivered so I didn't need to lug it around. My shopping list was depleted!

Sales reps on certain brands really gripe me, sitting in the middle/trying to engage their attention while they chatting to their colleague, then the occasional one dropping 30 thousand K bombs:eek: like its all natural to have you know up to 35K:eek: just lying around!! Some of the newest and latest technology to me, looks great but there is no demos (unless you wanna spend starting from 30k:eek:), Warranties are only for 6-12 months, servicing is an additional fee, so are parts and training might be free for up to 3-5 ppl. It's like a set speech for most stands! Don't worry you get £500 pounds off the price for that day!! Jeez I found it bit repetitive and boring!

I really liked the demos on many stands that displayed different techniques, it made me want to book in for more classes. The trainers for many brands deserve a drink! They were so professional, really helpful and knowledgeable to help you regardless if you were an new/existing client. In the previous years there was more of a push for tanning, or nails then lashes, its always been quite diverse. This year however was defiantly all about tools and equipment. So those that missed out, don't worry most of the deals are online but only for today. xoxo

I have to agree wonderwoman...., big bucks would be needed to invest in a lot of what was on offer yesterday..
Even the salon furniture was BIG........how could most salon's accommodate such large couches!!

I was really surprised there were so few 'lash lift's' going on....., which was a little disappointing, as I did want to see how other companies differ in their techniques.
That being said, I did watch lash lifting on the Nouveau stand, and found them very helpful and informative, knowing I do not use their brand, they were still willing to share their hints and tips, which I thought was generous of them.

I found it different from last year as well! I went to one tanning company and asked about their spray tans (they have them on their website) and she said it’s all about the beds today [emoji849] We were there for 2 hours and I skipped the majority of it. I got a lot of stuff from INK, some nail glitters, signed up to scratch mag and got a goodie bag and bought a diffuser but that was it. No where near as much as last year. They didn’t seem to be giving out leaflets/catalogues/samples as much either. Well, the ones I went to weren’t.
Anyone know what was going on at magpie beauty? I walked past and the queue was so HUGE, a bloke had to shut the queue down and told people to keep checking back x

I ended up going today instead of yesterday in the end. Apparently it was much quieter than yesterday, which suited me as it does get very claustrophobic! I was good this year and stuck to my list and didn't get distracted by products I didn't really need! (And also made sure I didn't make eye contact with the pushy teeth whitening reps!).

I stocked up on INK, Eve Taylor, Crazy Angel and Moyou and also picked up a few spray tan samples from other companies to try.

My daughter talked me into talking to a couple of the sun bed companies as she thinks we should put one in our new salon! I don't use them myself but am aware they seem to be getting very popular again but I know nothing about them really so will need to do a lot more research before considering one.

Latest posts

Back