PCI compliance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesatin

Reaction score
Can someone please explain how you become PCI compliant? I am confused as one card merchant company is charging PCI compliance fee and another isn't?

I used to use WorldPay who charged for PCI compliance because you hold a paper record of card details, this is part of the reason I moved to Worldpayzinc as there was no physical receipt to retain, now I use PayPal Here as its cheaper and faster paying. I felt PCI was just another money making scheme so decided an on-line system was better value. Is it an option for you too?

I used to dread the 'compliance' dead line....:eek:
I now use izettle.....:p

With WorldPay you need to complete an online sort of questionnaire every year I think it is to say you know about data protection etc. Then you don't pay the fee because you successfully complete it and become compliant.

I used to use WorldPay who charged for PCI compliance because you hold a paper record of card details, this is part of the reason I moved to Worldpayzinc as there was no physical receipt to retain, now I use PayPal Here as its cheaper and faster paying. I felt PCI was just another money making scheme so decided an on-line system was better value. Is it an option for you too?

Thank you. I never thought about PayPal. How does that work if paying by card?

With WorldPay you need to complete an online sort of questionnaire every year I think it is to say you know about data protection etc. Then you don't pay the fee because you successfully complete it and become compliant.

Thank you. Can I complete an online questionnaire with any company and then not pay the fee? If so, do you know where to get the questionnaire from?

Thank you. Can I complete an online questionnaire with any company and then not pay the fee? If so, do you know where to get the questionnaire from?
No, it's normally provided by your card company. Speak to them about how you become compliant and the steps to take. They should help you :)

Thank you. I never thought about PayPal. How does that work if paying by card?

Its just a card system managed by PayPal in the same way WorldPay manage them. The customer doesn't need a PayPal account, you use the app and card reader the same as any other card system like iZettle, etc

PCI can be a mine field with lots of bad info about. That said, BannerPenguin and salonfrog have given good advice. Not much I can add unless we are talking about taking payments via your website. If you ever need advise on that just drop me a message :)

Latest posts

Back