PCOS and hair loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXxCaZxXx

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

I had a client come in today, blow out for Christmas and by the end of it I was almost in tears!

She said she has PCOS so has very thin hair but when she took out her hair piece it was non existent. I'm. It exaggerating, when I bunched her hair together it was narrower a finger.

I used all volume products and not too many (I didn't want to weigh it down) and the end result was beautiful... until it deflated completely within minutes. She was happy with it as she said it never keeps a style anyway and it still looked 'done' but I was heartbroken.

Throughout she told me that she's been to a trichologist who just seemed to take her money and she's desperate for it to grow more but I didn't know what to advise her.

I've done research on this before as I have thin hair myself and hi frequency treatments come up a lot luckily I have a hair and beauty salon so did it on myself but wasn't religious with it so didn't pay attention to the results if I'm honest.

Does anyone have any advice I can give to her on products/treatments even medication or other trichologists that will help her? She's booked in again for New Year's Eve.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post

Merry Christmas everyone!

I had a client come in today, blow out for Christmas and by the end of it I was almost in tears!

She said she has PCOS so has very thin hair but when she took out her hair piece it was non existent. I'm. It exaggerating, when I bunched her hair together it was narrower a finger.

I used all volume products and not too many (I didn't want to weigh it down) and the end result was beautiful... until it deflated completely within minutes. She was happy with it as she said it never keeps a style anyway and it still looked 'done' but I was heartbroken.

Throughout she told me that she's been to a trichologist who just seemed to take her money and she's desperate for it to grow more but I didn't know what to advise her.

I've done research on this before as I have thin hair myself and hi frequency treatments come up a lot luckily I have a hair and beauty salon so did it on myself but wasn't religious with it so didn't pay attention to the results if I'm honest.

Does anyone have any advice I can give to her on products/treatments even medication or other trichologists that will help her? She's booked in again for New Year's Eve.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post
I don't know if they would work for this but it may be worth a try. I have taken the sugarbear hair vitamins (they are like blue gummies) for two months now and have noticed my hair is growing so fast, im losing a lot less of it in the shower when i wash it, its starting to take longer to blowdry aswell so its definitely getting thicker. They are advertised by celebs and i usually dont get taken in by fads but i saw these in sallys services and thought id give them a go, glad i did cause ive noticed definite benefit. Although in terms of pcos im not sure how well they would work as theyre basically vitamins but could be worth a try as they will be working from the inside. Also nightly head massage for stimulate the blood follicules would be good. Xx

Hey, she’s needing to see an ethical Trichologist that will work alongside her doctor. Obviously without knowing med history there’s nothing I can suggest. With PCOS there are meds you can try but she has to go through her doctor for this.
I work a hair loss clinic from my salon, but I am miles away from you. If you want to private mail me I have a few leaflets that I can send you that may help her.

Latest posts

Back