PCOS and thick facial hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momma bear

Reaction score
Hi. Can anytime recommend a good facial wax. I have a client with pcos and very thick dark facial hair. I can’t seem to always remove all the hairs from her chin. Small tiny hairs always remain. Not sure if they are too small or too stubborn. I usually use kim lawless hot wax on most clients and that’s what I use on her too . X

These hairs may just be too short for the wax to grip hold of. Finish off by tweezing them out individually.

Get your client to exfoliate their skin prior to the wax as it may help to get the tiny stubborn ones to the skins surface . Sometimes as they are just growing to top of the hair follicle they can't seem to break through if the skin is dry or not cleansed on a regular basis.
I would definitely use tweezers afterwards.
Try that first and if it's no different ask again for wax brand suggestions.

This client would benefit from electrolysis. It is extremely difficult to control PCOS on the face with waxing.

I’ve had excellent results with Outback Organics amethyst wax (hot wax)

I’m a threader and I’ve always believed threading gives superior results to waxing. However, I was very impressed with the amethyst wax, so I started doing waxing stripes on client’s faces to compare with threading. Clients all said that results were better with the wax, so I started to switch clients over to waxing.

It is about skin condition, so you need to educate your client. Tell them not to shave/tweeze in between appointments. You should get a good result that lasts 3 weeks over time, depending on how thin their facial skin is. I’m an Environ stockist and I find that good skincare improves the waxing result.

Ellisons stock the wax and it’s usually included in their discount days. If you buy direct I think the postage costs are quite high, unless you can spend over £150 (from memory). Outback Organics is the own brand product of Essential Beauty Supplies, so you can put together an order for consumables and other bits together with waxing. I’ve switched my spending over to them because they are a sustainable company (and fairly local to me). They use paper tape and plastic free packaging which ticks my environmentally sustainable boxes,

Hi. Can anytime recommend a good facial wax. I have a client with pcos and very thick dark facial hair. I can’t seem to always remove all the hairs from her chin. Small tiny hairs always remain. Not sure if they are too small or too stubborn. I usually use kim lawless hot wax on most clients and that’s what I use on her too . X

Everyone is different, but I’ve found it doesn’t matter the brand just the different types of wax and techniques used together for the harder to remove ones, some options:

• Hard wax

• Strip wax

• 1 x strip wax pass to remove top layer of unexfoliated skin followed by hard wax until gone

• 2 passes of strip wax for extremely difficult to remove hair and thick skin followed by hard wax

• Hard wax to remove bulk as many times as needed then finish with strip for smoothness

• Strip, hard, strip, tweeze for as long as it takes.

• Just tweezing for coarse hairs or very fine wax resistant

• Threading

• Everything 😂

I saw an unusual type once. Impossible to wax, super fine, but when plucking it’s like the hair isn’t even rooted, so comes out very easily. If it needs 15mins of plucking after say the first time I’ve included this today but next time book 2 face waxes back to back so we have the time or give them a time and a half price. They will be your forever clients!

I use an epilator after waxing to get out the stubborn hairs. Its the same as tweezing just super quick and gets the ones you can't even see.

Latest posts

Back