pedicure advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel1978

Reaction score
hi again peeps need help again!!!! Just had a visit from a motor cross biker who has been causing untold damage to his big toe nails from the accidents he has had on his bike. I have just inspected them and the 2 big toes bot have ingrowns and yellow and crumbly. would you say ?this is an infcted nail or the result of trauma to the nail

This client wants to see a chiropodist not a pedicurist.

Yellow and crumbly sounds to me like a fungal infection - very common on toe nails - make sure anything you used on him has been thoroughly disinfected after use and towels washed in water that is at least 60 degrees. Also disinfect the foot bath - everything.

thanxs geeg!!! i have'nt actually dne this guy yet he came to see if i could do anything with them. He described the condition to me and i immediatley said it sounded like an infection, adamant he got his feet out and i still had the same opinion and advised to go to his gp. He does however still require a pedicure (aggggggggggh) which will not be done iuntil the condition is sorted out. But is there any advice i can give him in the mean time?

Yes ... the above. Go see a chiropodist ... the GP is not the guy for this. this is the kind of thing chiropodists are trained to deal with.

many thanx ! Told the guy....ooh and off he will go.....
thanx geeg

Do you mind if I ask where did you do your pedicure course? And do you get more pedicure bookings than manicure? I get asked all the time as a mobile tech but I worry it would be quite problematic to do on a mobile service :(

i do pedicures all the time and i have been mobil for three years now. u can get pedicure stools and things but i find i don't need one of these. most clients are quit happy to relax in the comfort of their own armchair and i ither sit in a little stools or as a last resort the floor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back