Pedicure advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNerds

Reaction score
Hi all,

So u did a pedicure on an 86 year old client just over 5 weeks ago.
When we were doing the pedicure her usual hard skin was there on the areas you would expect but the rest of her foot can only be described as her skin was shedding it's skin.
This client is my shop owners mother in law.
Anyway during the pedicure I did my normal routine and when it came to removing the dead skin I used my foot rasp as I had been train and was a bit rougher on the hard patches but very gently on the shedding skin area, I was also nipping away the big flakes of skin.
The owner of the shop told me I needed a blade for her hard skin and I said Iv no idea how to use one and Iv never been trained to use one anyway she went home and got hers to use on her mother in law (my client) so I used it but I didn't take much off at all.

Yesterday the shop owner pulled me into the back with her mother in law and told me to look at her feet. They where a mess but it's been 5 weeks they are due and she has bad feet. The owner was blaming me for her feet looking like this and I was persistent and said this is how they looked before I did the pedicure. I haven't done anything to them that I don't already do.

Why would you say her skin is peeking off her feet?
Would you have done anything different or handled yesterday any better?

Xx

The shop owner should understand the difference between a beauty therapist's pedicure and chiropodist service. They are very different! !!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

The shop owner should understand the difference between a beauty therapist's pedicure and chiropodist service. They are very different! !!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

She is a nightmare!!

She is 58 and a hairdresser she's had her business for 40 years as she keeps reminding me. She thinks she knows everything but is yet stuck in a time warp from 40 years ago!

I can't argue any points with her she just doesn't listen. She looks at me funny if I explain to clients they should see a chiropodist or see the doctor. One client who I had to tell her she Proberly had a fungal nail infection in every toe nail and I wouldn't be able to pedicure her feet again, the hair dressers took it upon herself to start cutting the corn out of her toe because I refused to do it.

NIGHTMARE!!!

Agreed, u are not a chiropodist! Annoying situation Hun xxxx

Your telling me, Iv noticed somebody else on here has an interfering shop owner too! Xx

You need to be specially trained to use a blade! That salon owner is a liability, I hope she has good insurance if she's pulling tricks like that. As people get old skin will get flaky, it can be down to medication too. Unless the client is willing to moisturise her feet in between appointments they can't really moan if their feet are really bad and your doing the procedure properly, she either needs to come more regularly for a pedi or look after her feet in between. My feet are ok but if I didn't touch them in 5 weeks they would be mess too! Don't feel bad, you can only do what you can do and you will have clients that have bad feet but if you just explain that they need to come in more often then you can back yourself up if they moan

the hair dressers took it upon herself to start cutting the corn out of her toe because I refused to do it.

NIGHTMARE!!!

AH WHAT THE !? Did u warn your clients that she doesnt have a clue ? I would have a firm word with her cos last thing u want is something going wrong and a client blaming you.

You need to be specially trained to use a blade! That salon owner is a liability, I hope she has good insurance if she's pulling tricks like that. As people get old skin will get flaky, it can be down to medication too. Unless the client is willing to moisturise her feet in between appointments they can't really moan if their feet are really bad and your doing the procedure properly, she either needs to come more regularly for a pedi or look after her feet in between. My feet are ok but if I didn't touch them in 5 weeks they would be mess too! Don't feel bad, you can only do what you can do and you will have clients that have bad feet but if you just explain that they need to come in more often then you can back yourself up if they moan

Well this client is the shop owners mother in law. She's 86 and has short term memory kids. I ask her every 3/4 weeks if she wants her feet doing but her moods can be funny so I don't force it. It's the shop owner being a class a bitch!!!

AH WHAT THE !? Did u warn your clients that she doesnt have a clue ? I would have a firm word with her cos last thing u want is something going wrong and a client blaming you.

I didn't have time, she took the nippers off me and did it.
This clients in her 80s and because I recommend she went and saw a doctor and a chiropodist regarding her feet she then started slagging me off to the manager. Luckily the manager stuck up for me and said she is only a beautician there is only so much she can do. Whereas the owner just takes it upon herself to treat clients as friends. I have to do clients of maturer ages downstairs in the hairdressers so the owners feels the need to intervene even when I try and put my foot down. Luckily Il be leaving soon!!

Latest posts

Back