Pedicure and whip cream???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also - wouldn't real food get really sticky!?!

like other people have said use fruity scented products instead and maybe serve the food to eat!!!

LOL this is a funny thread
Just a thought tho - why not offer your clients a stawberry and whipped cream sundae or crepe to EAT, whilst they are having these treatments ?? :)

I would let him do it. He will soon realise (probably within a week) how ridiculous it is.

firsly, the cost of things, straws expensive.
then you need equipment to blitz things and whip things.
then you need facilities to store things and wash things.

when it comes to preparing the products, that will need to be added to the treatment time.

cream on the legs, when washed off will leave globules of lumps and separated bits all in the spa, yuck, not attractive AT ALL. Straws will float unattractively and just float on top mixed with congealed cream.

suggest that you have a trial, and practise on each other. He will soon realise that it is expensive, time consuming, and although natural, not attractive.

suggest that you have a trial, and practise on each other. He will soon realise that it is expensive, time consuming, and although natural, not attractive.

trouble is he may just think the opposite - I still just think of whipped cream as being on the kinky side for a beauty treatment!

i'm sorry but we all get those dodgy phonecalls asking for 'extras' and 'regular massage' surely this is just gonna bring in more wierdos, i don't know if i could bring myself to do that kind of treatment whipped cream and strawberrys, i'll save that for hubby thanks:lol:
good luck with it all hun, like littlegrohl said at least he wants to be innovative but maybe needs pushing in a slightly saner direction:)

i think maybe he is on the right track with his ideas, i mean without ideas there is no progress..but as the proffesional you could steer him in the right direction, and explain for a treatment to actually work, it has to have some benificial properties to be effective..
have a look at some sites that show salons who use real food as part of there treatment offers.. you would be suprised at what you can and erm.. cant (whipped cream) use..
why dont you do a bit of homework on this subject, and then take your findings to your new boss, you never know hey.. and maybe showing an interest in his ideas may cement you a place in his salon as a trusted and outgoing employee?
I couldn't agree more....have a look at this, especially at the last page:

http://www.nailsmag.com/pdfs/features/NA1007recipeweb.pdf

Surprise!! Foot treatment with strawberries...by a pro magazine..

As well said before, have a look around at what other spa/salons offer over their web sites, and support and help your boss with the idea of fresh products...to do it right.

After all you pay your food and bills from there. If he fails, you will be looking for a new job very soon...so he will not be the only loser...

I couldn't agree more....have a look at this, especially at the last page:

http://www.nailsmag.com/pdfs/features/NA1007recipeweb.pdf

Surprise!! Foot treatment with strawberries...by a pro magazine..

As well said before, have a look around at what other spa/salons offer over their web sites, and support and help your boss with the idea of fresh products...to do it right.

After all you pay your food and bills from there. If he fails, you will be looking for a new job very soon...so he will not be the only loser...
this is an excellent point. But equally I still think we need to go back to 'what does this do for the leg / foot' etc... it seems an very expensive way to give a very novelty treatment. I guess I am just more into the professional side than using whipped cream which would make people laugh and generate sales initially... but won't last!:smack:

Yes you're right Mrs Geek. It is very expensive for a regular treatment.

Maybe it can be introduced as a luxury or seasonal treatment, for example:

Houston Pedicure Salon - Houston, Isle Pedispa

Allure Salon, Spa and Nail

under "Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pedicure" and "Champagne Strawberry Pedicure"

The key is to find the right recipe and the right way to introduce the "fresh product" pedicures and not just put some whipped cream on someones legs and the strawberries on top :eek: That would definitely be for laugh..and failure

Sorry, haven't read all the replies, so apologies if I'm repeating what someone else has said.

I think a much better idea would be to give the client a nice bowl of strawberries and cream to eat whilst having their toes done !

Much nicer and would be a real treat for the client.

Marlise

well i have used fresh food during facials before (makes lovely natural masques) but on feet?! hmmmmmmmm........how very odd! i'm all for using natural ingrediants but i dont think it would be good for the whole pedi routine, the masque maybe but other than that i think its a bit odd!

I just got done with my Holiday Pedicure. It had a Cranberry Orange soak, with real cranberries and orange slices floating in it. The scrub I made out of two different salts and olive oil, with a hint of clove oil, I applied the scrub with the ends of the orange that I had cut slices out of for the soak. This went over wonderfully! My clients loved the change and it made our shop smell wonderful and festive! I'm not so sure about whip cream, but I can see doing a champagne and strawberry pedi, that would be fun. Theirs a company out there that makes a champagne bath soak, you could float some strawberry slices in it. You just have to make sure you're doing soaks in a jetless foot tub.

:)
Have fun with it! Not many owners have that kind of imagination.

Shiloh

Sounds to me like him bringing his fantasises to work, not that theres anything wrong with that. I personally only manicure Clooney alikes who are naked to the waist and my appt book is bulging:lol::lol:

Yak thats seriously a bizarre, expensive, wasteful, strange idea. I can't see many people going for that one.

Thanks for all your comments... I told him and so we r gonna use other products for mani and pedis that just smell like it and not actually it! Thank god!!!

Latest posts

Back