Pedicure and whip cream???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlystinelli

Reaction score
Ok so my boss who owns this new nail salon im gonna be working in has this idea of doing pedicures and using REAL FOOD!!!! LIke strawberrys and whip cream and brown sugar and nut meg...etc.... Umm Im not sure how good thats gonna go over not to mention the fact that its all gonna clog the drains.... I wanna tell him that i think the idea i nasty but wanted someo other insite on it befor I go and tell MY NEW BOSS that I dont think its gonna work.... Any suggestions?:irked:

Ok so my boss who owns this new nail salon im gonna be working in has this idea of doing pedicures and using REAL FOOD!!!! LIke strawberrys and whip cream and brown sugar and nut meg...etc.... Umm Im not sure how good thats gonna go over not to mention the fact that its all gonna clog the drains.... I wanna tell him that i think the idea i nasty but wanted someo other insite on it befor I go and tell MY NEW BOSS that I dont think its gonna work.... Any suggestions?:irked:

all i can say is euurggghhh (sam wheres that pukey smiley) that is gross, the amount of waste for a start as it would have to be fresh every day and as a client i wouldnt want frech cream and strawberries on my tootsies and as a therapist i wouldnt want to use it, especially with my food allergies lol

sorry but i just think this is a horrid idea x

On feats hmmm.... i know that a lot is useing fruit to the face, but hands and feat... let us know how it is, if it works??

LOL... I thought Id get that reaction.... I think Im just gonna tell him that its not something any woman wants unless they have a food fetish...lol :eek:

what is the point to using food as part of a pedicure?

what is the point to using food as part of a pedicure?

U got me????/ He sais its something no other salon has done and imagins a woman gettin a pedicure with whiped cream up to her knes....lol sounds more like his fantasy than something that people would pay for .... but hes my boss...

U got me????/ He sais its something no other salon has done and imagins a woman gettin a pedicure with whiped cream up to her knes....lol sounds more like his fantasy than something that people would pay for .... but hes my boss...

NO NO NO!! That is just plain wrong. you'd do a roaring trade with fettishists ... but women won't buy it. Yuckydo-do's. I go to a salon for a Pro treatment, not something that i can get out of my fridge. Now serve me a smoothie, or the Strawbs and cream to eat and now we're talking ... but whipped cream up me legs ... jeez just pass me a whip and be done with it!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So.............how long has your boss had his foot fetish?

I think he should think about
Food allergies
environmental health ( it is food after all and I'm sure that the rules and regs for food in the work place are going to apply even if you are not going to eat it)
Lastly, has he actually done any market research on this? I like the scent of strawberry's in by body lotion or coconut, but I want vit E in large amounts in my body lotions not my lunch time desert:lol:

Put food on your feet - I should bloody well think not, that is just WRONG!

What about all those poor starving people out their who would kill for food like that.

It is grown to EAT not to shove it on yer tootsies!

EEEWWWWW - hope the weather is cold over there - dont think I would like to walk out smelling like sour cream ...........:eek:

Maybe you should tell him to leave the personal life at home lol xxxx

while nutmeg/brown sugar even some fruits can be incorperated into treatments.. whipped cream to the knees has no benifit to skin or a service??
i think maybe he is on the right track with his ideas, i mean without ideas there is no progress..but as the proffesional you could steer him in the right direction, and explain for a treatment to actually work, it has to have some benificial properties to be effective..
have a look at some sites that show salons who use real food as part of there treatment offers.. you would be suprised at what you can and erm.. cant (whipped cream) use..
why dont you do a bit of homework on this subject, and then take your findings to your new boss, you never know hey.. and maybe showing an interest in his ideas may cement you a place in his salon as a trusted and outgoing employee?
good luck.. and happy baking.,. hehe

Now I do think the whip cream thing is a bit over the top, but I myself are interested in using some food products for pedicure treatments.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/45869-chocolate-manicure-pedicure-recipe.html

This is an old post I've kept around and one day I will give these recipes a try, I think they are unique and I'm not at all against using "food" as part of a service. I think it's pretty neat.

However, I don't see how whip cream is beneficial.......but who knows......at least he isn't suggesting BUTTER to soften skin.....

NO NO NO!! That is just plain wrong. you'd do a roaring trade with fettishists ... but women won't buy it. Yuckydo-do's. I go to a salon for a Pro treatment, not something that i can get out of my fridge. Now serve me a smoothie, or the Strawbs and cream to eat and now we're talking ... but whipped cream up me legs ... jeez just pass me a whip and be done with it!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I thought the same but didn't like to say:eek::lol:
If you advertise this as a service... be prepared for some very strange phone calls:lol:
WHIPPED cream?? WHIPPED????:eek:

So let me get this straight... you go out and buy all these fresh foods (strawberries, cream etc) and what happens when the strawberries get furry because no one had a pedicure in 4 days:irked: and the cream smells like sour milk... :eek: and the supermarket is too far away to run and grab more easily... or the staff eat everything not realising, or someone simply hates strawberries OR cream... I mean the whole thing is bloody ridiculous!!! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think the key here is that while there are many decadent foods that are absolutely delicious, it's plain weird to ACTUALLY have them on you - where you can't even taste them.

Many of us love the smells that are associated with these foods - and as the chocolate manicure thread suggested...when attributes of them are used to create a scrub, or body/footsie wash (like the entire line from philosophy - which is amazing!!) it can be really luxurious.

Maybe you can suggest that he stock up on some great desert-scented scrubs, butters, and washes? He could even market it like "desert without the calories". Anything to satisfy a sweet tooth without the pounds?! Now thats leaving the salon feeling completely pampered!!

philosophy - bath & body - shampoo and shower gels

if thats too expensive, he could always try to create his own...but those would definitely turn heads, as it doubles as a bubble bath and would REALLY make a lavish pedicure. (i want one now..lol :))

Goodluck!

ok so we offer essential oil treatments and do sweets and Treats where we offer a cup of hot chocolate a browny and i guess you would call them theme pedicure manicure We have several different ones but whip cream on my legs ummmm i don't think so i with i don't remeber who but do your homework look up things that will benift your clients and present it to him is he just a owner or does he also work?

ok so we offer essential oil treatments and do sweets and Treats where we offer a cup of hot chocolate a browny and i guess you would call them theme pedicure manicure We have several different ones but whip cream on my legs ummmm i don't think so i with i don't remeber who but do your homework look up things that will benift your clients and present it to him is he just a owner or does he also work?

The easiest thing would be to show him this thread!!! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im with Ms. Geek Show him the thread print it out he has to see that there is more then just you wondering and if he know something we don't know can you ask him to post a thread i would love to see what he has to say.

the only thing i have to say is YUK!!

well stinky YUK!

Latest posts

Back