pedicure 'bowl' where can i get one

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a lovely glass bowl with a crackle effect on it in QD in Basildon, ummed and aaar'd about it, picked it up and put it down a few times, then decided not to buy it, but it was nice and like a big shallow bowl..... think it was about £5 but might be a couple of quid out.... what put me off was the weight, and it didnt have any water in it at the time! x

if you can get in touch with my friend lisa she's under the name redice9. She has a guy who hand makes the type of thing you are talking about and am not sure of the exact material but its 'earthy' and is great with smooth pebbles etc and the water stays surprisingly warm. I will try and contact her but things are a bit manic for me at the mo so i may take time getting back.

pam xx

Ooh :eek: I want one of these too!
I've been looking for something like this for ages. Anyone?

Why didn't I do pottery at school? I could have tapped into a huge market here lol!

not too late to start hun !!! got your orders here already for you ! dont make mine too heavy please and may i have a little hint of red in it toooooooo:hug:

Get your unchained melody out - that'l get you in the mood ! lol

kx

Sassy Hassy said:
Why didn't I do pottery at school? I could have tapped into a huge market here lol!

Now there's an incentice - Patrick Swayzee rubbing up and down my hands on a pottery wheel, my house was built on an old brickworks so we have fabbo clay in the garden! Get your orders in girls lol!

Sassy Hassy said:
Now there's an incentice - Patrick Swayzee rubbing up and down my hands on a pottery wheel, my house was built on an old brickworks so we have fabbo clay in the garden! Get your orders in girls lol!

never mind the bowl, i'll just have Patrick Swayze when you are finished with him!!! oooooooohhhh yum yum!!

Karren said:
Ooooooooo fab Amb just what ive been looking for .... im after one like the mags - creative advert - i rang them actually - i think it was the people that did the shoots !! i totally get what you mean though i keep seeing that advert everywhere - do let me know if you find anything / likewise

kx

That is soooooo weird, I love that bowl! Is is so much nicer than my pedi bath that moves along the floor as it vibrates! :rolleyes: :lol:

Count me in on the numbers for that discount! :lol:

Sassy Hassy said:

lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if glass is a good idea.... :| what if you dropped something on the edge and a splinter came off? It could be a safety issue (unfortunately) :rolleyes:
I think ceramic or pottery or maybe wood, although you probably couldn't sanitise that very well, would be better.
I've often wondered about making one of those old fashioned deep ceramic kitchen sinks into a pedi bowl. You could connect the plughole to a tube to empty the water away, and not have to carry it full. If you were clever you could put it on a little pedestal on wheels to move it around.
Darn, why aren't i clever like that! :lol:

So HAVE any of you found what you're after yet then??

I just ask, cos its EXACTLY what I'm after too, so that must make at least 1/2 dozen of us!!

Oops sorry. got side tracked by Patrick and lost interest in pedicures!

sorry, haven't had a chance to go round b&q yet. My son has been rather poorly lately. will keep you all informed as to what i find there this weekend!!

Not me im afraid i havent been out anywhere shopping for a while !!! must be due for a good shopping spree soon though !!

anyone else ??

kx

wobbly said:
So HAVE any of you found what you're after yet then??

I just ask, cos its EXACTLY what I'm after too, so that must make at least 1/2 dozen of us!!

Sorry to hear that, hope he's on the mend now :hug:
mooredianne said:
sorry, haven't had a chance to go round b&q yet. My son has been rather poorly lately. will keep you all informed as to what i find there this weekend!!

nope but if you have nailorder catalogue there is just the thing in there or scratch mag this month page p22 grafton international advert.........maybe i should ring em?

Amx

I saw that Piccie Minkus, trouble is is emptying it, knowing me I'd slop it everywhere!

What product is this :confused: ?
Could someone scan this in or something?

I found a really nice bowl in Matalan this morning, my only cfoncern was that its made of hammered finish copper. Would this oxidise or go green with repeated water being put in it??

It did look fab tho, i might just buy it and see, I think it was £8 ish

I have seen some nice copper bowls in T K Max and thought that they would probably keep the water nice and hot too. They don't feel to heavy either. If the water doesn't retain its temperature, you could have a flask of water to top up the bowl as and when needed.

I'll perhaps have another look and let you know what I decide. I find my foot spa so fiddly that I am sure a bowl is a better option.

Latest posts

Back