Pedicure - Broken/Varicose Veins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soz

Reaction score
I've been asked to do a spa pedi on a client with really bad broken and some varicose veins on her lower legs. The areas around her ankles and just above the arch are very dark red, blue and almost black. Is this safe to do - should I just do a basic pedi (no massage) or just leave well alone?

If i remember rightly leave the massage out.

Sammie

Soz said:
I've been asked to do a spa pedi on a client with really bad broken and some varicose veins on her lower legs. The areas around her ankles and just above the arch are very dark red, blue and almost black. Is this safe to do - should I just do a basic pedi (no massage) or just leave well alone?

Sammie is right you wouldn't massage over varicose veins.

alli

It is beneficial to massage ABOVE varicose veins (that is, nearer the heart), but NEVER over them and at most very, very light "skimming" movements purely to spread the oil or cream below them. Proper massage is not recommended. If they are severe (which it sounds as though they are) i'd suggest getting a GPs note for your peace of mind and hers. If you do not have a massage qualification, then i would abstain entirely from massaging the legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back