pedicure help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadie123

Reaction score
can anyone pls help i had a lady 2day for gel overlays (french) on her feet. when i saw them i nearly cried (as im still trying to build my confidence) her nails where really thick, and when i tried to to do my prep i felt i was never gonna remove all the cuiticle (it was really thick half way up her nail) in the end i didnt know if i was removing part of her nail.i didnt carry out the overlay but instead did just a french polish,she said that was ok but in the past her previous tech had just filed them down all over to thin them out i dont know if i should be doing this but i was never trainned to do so, and i feel really uncomfortable not knowing what i was doing, was i not taught right at collage or do i need another course for pedicure,is this what you all do?:cry:

:rolleyes: not sure if i should be giving advice but... I have been taught that you can remove "some" of the nail plate on the big toes.. As they dont get alot of use and are stuck in the dark mostly they can become quite thick and hard.. I have to do so with my big toes as otherwise i get problems with bruised nail beds..
I have yet to do this on a client as other then a swipe with a white block and some scrubfresh i havnt needed too.. but.. i am interested what others have to say about this.. I could be wrong..
Never cut the living skin.. Gently push back the eponychium (do we call it that on the toe?) and remove the epidermal layer from the plate with cuticle remover and a Good steel tool..
Remember that the layer of product you use doesnt need to be thick or have an apex.. (well not a built up one neway) the thinner it is the better as they are not using them for work..
Do a 121 with someone if you can.. I did.. and it was great to get a good look at the procedure. Enhancing Pedicures are not really covered in training so this is a great thread to start.. I could use some tips obviously!:green:
Dont stress.. :hug:

Having read the above threads, when you thin the toenail, do you file horizontally from left to right, or vertically up and down ?

Marlise

Latest posts

Back