pedicure massage and pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
I have been checking up on my pregnancy rules. I have a client who is in the last 2 weeks of her pregnancy which i have to perform a deluxe pedicure on tomorrow. Now, i have been reading that you can do light massage,no pressure points & that you can still use paraffin wax. Can someone just clear this up for me so i can go ahead with tomorrow.
lol.:rolleyes:

I would keep researching that a little more, there are certain points of the feet you want to stay away from all together.. Look up reflexology and pregnancy.. Just so you are certain your not going to cause her a problem.. But I would still go ahead with the service, I know a pregnant woman and her feet need some attention!!

Good luck, hope this helps.:)

Ask her if she's ready to have that baby yet!!! Around the ankles can bring on contractions and I think there is a spot on a toe that can too. If you keep it really light you should be OK.

A normal massage during a pedicure is absolutely fine,you aren't going to be carrying out reflexology on the lady,and if you massage any of the reflex points it's not going to be for that long anyway,certainly not long enough to start labour.Let her be pampered and enjoy.:)

Thanks ladies. Clear on this now.:)

Latest posts

Back