Pedicure Nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idonails

Reaction score
Hello ladies, this past week I dealt with the worse case of dry heels ever!! How the heck do you remove all that dead skin?? Please, i'm desperate over here, please share your knowledge with me! Thanks, Shari\
PS It's illegal to use a Credo in Fla.

Hello ladies, this past week I dealt with the worse case of dry heels ever!! How the heck do you remove all that dead skin?? Please, i'm desperate over here, please share your knowledge with me! Thanks, Shari
PS It's illegal to use a Credo in Fla.

Sorry if its a dumb question but what is a credo??

NO WAY, IT'S NOT A STUPID QUESTION!!
A credo blade, it's like a razor blade that's used to shave the bottom of the feet.

NO WAY, IT'S NOT A STUPID QUESTION!!
A credo blade, it's like a razor blade that's used to shave the bottom of the feet.

Hmmm I'm sure if you shave using a blade, the skin it will grow harder, plus if your not a chiropodist I wouldn't advise.
If its really bad I would recommend they go to see a chiropodist, if its not that drastic you could try something like a callus softener/remover?

:cry:I did try the callus remover, the purple pumice stone, rewetted, reused the purple pumice, good lord, I tried everything to no avail.

As far as I know you can't remove all of it in just one visit, advice the customer to come back every 12-14 days for a couple months. That would do it. I also find dryn heel eliminator works prettyn good, retail it to your clients. HTH's:hug:

If the skin is really dry, then 1 treatment will not be enough. As foryouiwill says, advise the client to make a regular appointment with you, say every week or week and a half until the problem is sorted.
Also while waiting for her next appointment advise the use of Cucumber Heel Therapy, it works wonders!

Also you could add a paraffin wax treatment into your exisiting pedicure, it does need to be left on for a good 10-15 mins though I would say, and even better in heated booties!

I would also try the dry skin removal on dry feet, I find that if the skin is very dry, then it is best not to soak first!

Others might have better ideas than me though! xxxhth's xxx

Thank you all for your advice! Have a great day.

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago with one of my new clients. I didn't even know you could get such deep cracks in your feet, how naive? ANyway, I did a full CreativeSpa Pedicure and smoothed them as best I could with a callus smoother, put them in some heated booties lathered in massage oil, then retailed her some foot cream which she was to use every night, and booked her next pedicure for 2 weeks after. Her feet were a whole lot better last time I saw her, so they are on the mend, but I don't think there is a quick cure for extremely cracked heels. (Only what a chiropodist can do of course.)

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago with one of my new clients. I didn't even know you could get such deep cracks in your feet, how naive? ANyway, I did a full CreativeSpa Pedicure and smoothed them as best I could with a callus smoother, put them in some heated booties lathered in massage oil, then retailed her some foot cream which she was to use every night, and booked her next pedicure for 2 weeks after. Her feet were a whole lot better last time I saw her, so they are on the mend, but I don't think there is a quick cure for extremely cracked heels. (Only what a chiropodist can do of course.)

I havent tried it but the Callus Peel comes highly recommended.

http://www.beauty-select.co.uk/ Not sure whether this product is available in the US though.

Have a look at this thread by Mrs.Clooney as Traceys feet were totally transformed:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/58368-heel-peel-versus-my-manky-feet.html

Amazing!!!! Oh my Gosh, where can i buy that stuff??

I think I saw a salon charging £15 on top of a pedicure price to have this service, does that sound about right? If so, I'm getting some.

Heres the link for the Callus Peel.
http://www.beauty-select.co.uk/

I bought the kit and tested it on my own very manky heels :o and have to say that this stuff is fantastic.

I charge £15 as a stand alone treatment and if they want it included with a pedicure then its £10 extra.

Contact Barry at Beauty Select and I'm sure they'll find a way of shipping some to the states for you.

*So you Have tried the "Callus Eliminator" ?? Have you been on Beautytech you'll see all the threads on using this product :confused: Like stated here there are times when you can't remove all of it in one appt. and I've tried Several different ones including my CND Spa line but none have compared to the Callus Eliminator :) I get some really bad feet too, and one client that I started doing a couple months ago I told her that it would take a few times (and Treatments) to get them looking good (she'd let them get that bad) :eek: You can get this in the States on about all the beauty supply places online - if used like it shows it Will work**

Latest posts

Back