Pedicure problems .. any advise appreciated x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
did a pedicure yesturday and the client had thick deep c curve toe nails it was near impossible to get my nail clippers in - i tried every angle managed to do few of the smaller toes but have to give up with the big nails, thankfully she was a friend of a friend and she knows ive only just trained in pedis but it quite disheartening to say the least .. what do you do in this situation, is there another tool i can use - didnt even bother with scissors, clippers i have were from cnd

also with the cuticle away, how long do you leave before getting cuticle from nail plate off, do you have to keep reapplying it .. i put lots on but seemed to dry to fast and wasnt coming off like 'sludge' as my training, more in dry flakes .. god i hope that was her cuticle and not her nail - she'd had minx on for 8 weeks so perhaps nail bit dry, should i have done something to condition the nails after minx removal

finally, when i trained we used like a metal cheese grater - rasp? which i cant seem to find anywhere, only cheap ones which i guess no good for professional use - i used a foot file and not sure if effective at all as didnt appear to be much dry skin coming off despite her having loads, lol .. i was quite gentle as that has i was taught and she was surprised said most pedicures she had they were really rough with the rasp and actually hurt her - should i have been more rough

all in all not brilliant, but going to draw a line under it and try again - would appreciate any advise really - a actually really enjoyed doing the scub, mask and massage just got a bit lost with the prep and filing of the feet!

thanks in advance xx

did a pedicure yesturday and the client had thick deep c curve toe nails it was near impossible to get my nail clippers in - i tried every angle managed to do few of the smaller toes but have to give up with the big nails, thankfully she was a friend of a friend and she knows ive only just trained in pedis but it quite disheartening to say the least .. what do you do in this situation, is there another tool i can use - didnt even bother with scissors, clippers i have were from cnd

also with the cuticle away, how long do you leave before getting cuticle from nail plate off, do you have to keep reapplying it .. i put lots on but seemed to dry to fast and wasnt coming off like 'sludge' as my training, more in dry flakes .. god i hope that was her cuticle and not her nail - she'd had minx on for 8 weeks so perhaps nail bit dry, should i have done something to condition the nails after minx removal

finally, when i trained we used like a metal cheese grater - rasp? which i cant seem to find anywhere, only cheap ones which i guess no good for professional use - i used a foot file and not sure if effective at all as didnt appear to be much dry skin coming off despite her having loads, lol .. i was quite gentle as that has i was taught and she was surprised said most pedicures she had they were really rough with the rasp and actually hurt her - should i have been more rough

all in all not brilliant, but going to draw a line under it and try again - would appreciate any advise really - a actually really enjoyed doing the scub, mask and massage just got a bit lost with the prep and filing of the feet!

thanks in advance xx

first of all .. Big One of these :hug:

Feet are tricky things to get comfortable with servicing. They are at a strange angle and require you to learn where to place them and yourself so that you can be most effective and comfortable when doing a pedicure.

You also need separate tools for pedicuring so that you have everything you need right there when you need it; several different types of clippers for different shaped toenails as I agree, the really curved toes are challenging to trim. You can always use a file or toenail cutters as an alternative to clippers (which are differently shaped and which can be painful if you try to use them on high arched toenails).

As for Cuticle Away, this product is the most effective product for removing cuticle from the plate but on toes, you may need to use more than one application the first time if the cuticle is really heavy. I have never seen it go dry before and it shouldn't; it only needs a minute or two before you start to remove the cuticle. Remove gently but thoroughly and do not dig into the plate itself which can feel soft for a few hours after wearing Minx for weeks.

Use Sea Serum from CND to soften and loosen the dead skin on the heals and pads of the feet. seaSerum is as effective on dead skin as Cuticle Away is on cuticle ... Marvellous product. Then use your rasp to remove the built up callus. When you use a rasp is it not a delicate job. You need to be firm (never rough) with your pressure.

HTH

Latest posts

Back