Pedicure procedure, towels question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mary Kate

Reaction score
Just wondering how many towels or couch roll do you use for a full pedicure? What is your procedure? We are using so many towels and the cost of laundry is huge.

One hand sized towel normally. Two pieces of couch roll and it's Job done!

One couch roll under pedicure bowl one couch roll piece on my lap over the hand towel which is used to dry feet.
Plastic apron on me, towel on my lap,then couch roll to keep my cutting implements together and catch any nails etc.
I used to have a towel under the bowl ,but I now use a piece of couch roll.

Ask client to come with freshly washed feet and clean socks. Bring flip flops with sanitised soles to wear after the procedure. Outdoor shoes in a tray with belongings.
Sanitise feet , check for any contra indications,
Remove varnish if still on.
I wash feet with soap and use a small nail brush, dry the first but not completely so that the towel is soaking wet , remove hard skin, cut /file nails, apply cuticle remover , tidy and trim cuticles if needed. Apply scrub in a massage fashion and pay attention to the cuticle area to really slough away the dead cuticle skin. Back in the bowl. Use the nail brush to clean the toes from the products applied.

Repeat with the second foot .

Take first foot out, dry thoroughly , apply nail varnish remover to dry the nail plate. Don't put back into the water. ( you may need to fold the towel so that the wet part isn't re-used)
Repeat with the second foot.
Wrap toes with spacers made from rolled up tissues.
Varnish application
Foot and leg cream is then applied and massaged in if client doesn't mind being a bit slippery in the flip flops. Some clients only want it applied to their lower legs for that reason.
Cuticle oil applied to hydrate cuticles and stop the varnish from scuffing whilst it is still drying.

Bye bye client ...see you in 5-6 weeks.

I think when I first trained , feet were in and out of the bowl like a yo yo, which meant sopping wet towels. So my method is simplified, but may not be to anyone else's liking. That is up to you.

How does it vary from yours?

If the pedicure involves soaking etc I use 5 hand towels and 1 floor mat.
Getting through loads at the moment as everyone is having mani & pedi appointments!
Washing machine on twice a day to keep up [emoji4]

Thanks! I think you're right Rosie about too many times in and out of the water and then needing extra dry towels

Standard should be two towels, one for resting the feet on and one for your lap.

Large towel and couch roll on floor beneath bowl, and two smaller towels for drying the feet. I sit cross legged for the foot massage and use the towel which was wrapping the foot, folded to find a dry bit, and put that on my knee where the foot then rests. So 3 in total.

I do same as Rosie. 1 washable towel only. And no up down with the feet every 2 minutes.

I use a bellava base covered with a manicure desk towel made out of waxing strip paper. And a cut up scrummi paper towel on top of my hand towel which holds all the yucky skin I scrub off with my foot file.

I dry feet with the disposable towel and still have a nice soft dry towel underneath for the msssage.

I do same as Rosie. 1 washable towel only. And no up down with the feet every 2 minutes.

I use a bellava base covered with a manicure desk towel made out of waxing strip paper. And a cut up scrummi paper towel on top of my hand towel which holds all the yucky skin I scrub off with my foot file.

I dry feet with the disposable towel and still have a nice soft dry towel underneath for the msssage.
Hi can i ask what a bellava base is ?

Latest posts

Back