Pedicure set up when mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi all just asking how you set up and do your mobile pedicures? eg where do you and client sit, where do you lay out your stuff etc?
I did a pedicure the other day for a friend and her mum. Her mum cant lift her legs too high cos of hip problems so she was on sofa and i sat on floor but felt i just had my stuff everywhere and i kept getting pins and needles where so uncomfy, also found it tricky to polish in that position!
It was fine because they are good friends but didnt feel very professional if they were 'proper clients'.
Thanks for your help :D

Hi all just asking how you set up and do your mobile pedicures? eg where do you and client sit, where do you lay out your stuff etc?
I did a pedicure the other day for a friend and her mum. Her mum cant lift her legs too high cos of hip problems so she was on sofa and i sat on floor but felt i just had my stuff everywhere and i kept getting pins and needles where so uncomfy, also found it tricky to polish in that position!
It was fine because they are good friends but didnt feel very professional if they were 'proper clients'.

The fact that you're willing to be uncomfy while providing a service says something about your dedication! All I used to do is have a little steel beauty box, just search on eBay for one. That way you can keep all you need in the box. I usually laid out the most frequent tools to my left on a tissue and all the other bits and bobs on my right.

Hope this helps and I wish you every success!

Hiya, I have this problem all the time, I do pedicure and foot health treatments so have to carry around two loads of kit.

I have a massive beauty box which splits into a seperate big case on the top and a big storage area at the bottom. In the carry box goes one of all the stuff I am likely to need and I take that into the house with me. In the big box goes all of the stuff that I a)don't use regularly or b) is my back up storage and that stays in the car.

I then also have a big square bag which kind of stands up on its own and into there goes all the extra bits and bobs, record card, foot stool, my camping stool to sit on, little hoover, etc, it is such a big bag that I can just glance in to see if I have got everything.

My carry case opens on both sides creating two little shelves that I can use to lay out the stuff I am going to use, and I just take out the bits I need for each step at a time. In order to do that I 'bag up' each bit of kit before I arrive, so files, cuticle pushers, cuticle remover, nippers etc go into one bag, towels, scrub, massage lotion into another. My polishes all go into a fabric lined basket which then goes into a carrier bag which I tie up tightly to keep them all in, so while I am finishing preparing the nails the client can then sit with the basket on her knee having a rummage through the colours.

Probably not ideal, and not always foolproof, but its the best I've come up with so far. Would like to hear what everyone else does.

Best tip I learned from a colleague though is the mini hoover, just the fact that you are prepared to hoover up any bits that you have created is a brilliant bit of extra customer service.

Elaine x

Thanks gosh think I still have a lot of kit to buy seems never ending! Lol so do u have client sit on a chair then u sit on chair opposite?

i also have this problem,would be great if people could post pics of there set up xxx

I ask the client to sit where ever they are most comfortable - usually the sofa.

I then place a towel on the floor in front of them and set my foot bath in the middle.
Then to the side of the bath I place all the items I will need.
I then sit on a little foldaway stool (the plastic ones that are sold as step stools) and this always works perfectly for me and client.
x

I ask the client to sit where ever they are most comfortable - usually the sofa.

I then place a towel on the floor in front of them and set my foot bath in the middle.
Then to the side of the bath I place all the items I will need.
I then sit on a little foldaway stool (the plastic ones that are sold as step stools) and this always works perfectly for me and client.
x

Are you my twin? Lol! Exactly what I do. :D

fold away Stool is great idea had visions of me having a numb bum and pins and needles forever more! Lol Thanx :D

Yep, my fold up stool was about a fiver from Millets.

Hi i use my beauty couch for clients after they have soaked and scrubbed, then continue the pedicure that way, the client stays comfortable and it's a lot easier to polish nails too.
As for all the products etc i use a black opi storage bag which is great my colours are in the top and my file, sprays etc and towels are underneath.
They are expensive but i got it cheaper due to discount on first order from lena white.

Latest posts

Back