Pedicure steps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born2Style

Reaction score
Anyone care to share there step by step pedicure instructions. I work out of a room in my home and only do about 2-3 pedicures a week and would like to change things up a little. Always curious as to what others do during their pedicures. Most of my clients have EXTREMELY dry heels and most of the time receive a paraffin treatment with their pedi. Just looking to improve upon myself.

Thanks

Hiya, if you can tell us what steps you do and product range, We might be able to come up with some ideas.

Well I havent commited to one line of pedicure stuff, I have mixed and matched various items from OPI, Creative, even some off brand. These are my basic pedi steps:

Pre-file heals(w/dry file)
Remove polish, shape nails
soak
push back cuticles
sloughing lotion
file
scrub
file
massage
mask or paraffin treatment
polish nails

I need a product that really gets through those calluses, I know not to remove completely but I need something with some power!

Here are the steps I use:

*Soak feet in footspa with some type of footsoak (about 5-7 mins.)

*Take out right foot, remove polish, apply cuticle remover, trim and file nails. Then push back cuticles. Apply scrub (or heel masque) to heel, rub in and place foot back in footbath. Repeat on left foot.

* Take out right foot, use footfile to remove callouses. [IF I am giving a paraffin treatment, this is when I would do that] Then (this is the good part) massage foot/leg. I use Creative's Massage Silk for this. Smells great...not greasy! Wipe toenails with scrubfresh, apply Stickey base coat and two coats of polish. Repeat on left foot.

* Top coat all ten tootsies, apply Dry & Shine and have client relax.

* Book next appt.

I hope this helps!

Sounds good. What type of foot file do you use?

I use the one by Creative. It works really well. A little expensive but well worth the $$$. It'll last for ages! Good luck!

have you tried the terra cotta foot file from gilden tree? it's the bomb!! and it lasts for a long time too.

I just did the CND spa course today, the pedi is amazing, and is quite different to what you have described. Rather than me detailing all the steps on here I would recommend you give the Spa day a try (if you havent already) because I've picked up some fab techniques today:green:

I would recommend you give the Spa day a try
Never have taken it. Is it worth the money?

have you tried the terra cotta foot file from gilden tree? it's the bomb!! and it lasts for a long time too.

I've never heard of this one. Where can you purchase it from?

those things are FANTASTIC! i had one for 5 or 6 yrs and i knocked it off the tub and it shattered. i was heartbroken! ^.^

hi

just a quickie how much do you charge for your pedicure?

:)

Im in the US & I charge $25

This might be silly, but how do you properly disinfect this terra cotta scrubber? It would seen to be very pourous? Or is it a one-person kind of thing?
Thanks!
Yolanda

We do the Creative SpaPedicure pretty much to the letter in our salon using all the products. It takes about 75-90 mins and we charge accordingly, but it is IMO the best pedicure in town nay the Costa Blanca nay the World!!!!! And the AHA callous remover really is the bomb (I like that expression lol). The thing is you have to give these products time to work, so be patient and leave on for at least 5 minutes.

However as I just said in another pedi thread, I find it funny how clients expect us to be able to remove months of hard skin build up in an hour. They need to do their bit and COME REGULARLY and to use home care products. We may be ace at what we do with ace products ... but magicians we ain't!

We do the Creative SpaPedicure pretty much to the letter in our salon using all the products. It takes about 75-90 mins and we charge accordingly, but it is IMO the best pedicure in town nay the Costa Blanca nay the World!!!!! And the AHA callous remover really is the bomb (I like that expression lol). The thing is you have to give these products time to work, so be patient and leave on for at least 5 minutes.

However as I just said in another pedi thread, I find it funny how clients expect us to be able to remove months of hard skin build up in an hour. They need to do their bit and COME REGULARLY and to use home care products. We may be ace at what we do with ace products ... but magicians we ain't!

I have this too!! Even had one who wanted me to remove the skin on a healing blister!!
I reccomend a course of treatments and offer a 'reduction' if they book 5 they get one free.
I also use and do Cretive Spa............and yes..... it's the BOMB!!!!:lol:

Me too..........................and I AM a magician
images.jpg

hey there you guys - OMG that foot file looks fab - so does the mini heart one as a retail item!!
Has anyone tried the shea butter - would like some feedback on that if anyone recomends it!
I love the Creative Spa pedi and taylor it as a prescirbed service as per clients specific needs.
You can make it as sumptuous as you like by adding lots of different touches - I like to remove the mask with scented hot towels for example.
I really would recomend it and if anyone wants to PM me for the full agena I'm more than happy to give a step by step!
I did the course and got the kit and a demo video thrown in - could be worth contacting your local Creative tutor!
best wishes to all jayneym xx

Latest posts

Back