Pedicure story!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Jo

Reaction score
Well.... I have just had a very interesting pedicure experience! The weather has been nice, out came the flip flops and I looked at my hoofs and thought hmmmm must get a pedicure, now I have passed this particular salon I went to today for quite a few years, it looks VERY posh, has a posh name etc... and thought I'd treat myself so I called to make the appointment, they could fit me in today hoorah!! So I turned up all excited my feet were going to be pampered and well.... lets just say it wasn't as I had imagined, first of all my therapist was clearly a junior trainee, something I was never asked 'is that ok', don't get me wrong, a lovely girl but would have been nice to be asked... no pre-treatment questions like 'have you got diabetes or on any medication', just straight in there, my feet were put into a washing up bowl!! all of this whilst a lady next to me was having her nails done! privacy?? then I had an hour long pedicure consisting of cuticle removal, scrub & hard skin removal and a polish, there was no footmask, no foot spray and this came to the bargain price of...£25!!!!!! Even more worrying as far as I could tell there was no barbicide or anything similar that the tools came out of or went into after my appointment. I think this was an absolute text book case of 'don't judge a book by it's cover', I am repolishing my toe nails tonight, great! :cry:

I myself have experienced this before JoJo - you can't always judge can you :?: and although I do still pay for a regular SpaPed (a lovely local lady who trained with us - and before anyone asks - I pay full price even though she offered me 15% - she's in business, so am I so I said I would always pay full price...) anyway, as much as I enjoy my pedicure, I find that for me it isn't as relaxing as I would like because I am always asked so much during the experience when really I'd like to kick back and chill - I could fall asleep during a good pedicure but the experience is never what I would really like. Of course I don't say anything because her questions are valid nail tek q&a's and I feel I must always answer to help her but....ahhh it would be awsome to have a full-on SpaPed with ALL steps and serious kick-butt foot and leg massage to finish - anyone out there up for it????:lol: ;)

hi thought i would just get anyone elses opinion on this , in my treatment room i have candles, a waterfeature,and i have that relaxation music playing softly, now i know it aint everyones cup of tea(i listen to eminem!!) but i always thought along the lines of people are coming to relax,and want to lose themselves for a bit,is this sort of relaxing enviroment not that commen, i dont want people thinking i am some type of oddbod for having all this stuff going when no-one else does, any help would be great, by the way i dont have the candles going when doing enhancements,only other stuff, thanks love dee

Hi Dee,

That sounds like bliss to me and I wish that had been my pedi experience yesterday! To top it all off I stood up this morning and felt quite alot of pain in my left foot and on inspection I have a rather deep cut on one of my toes! :cry: I just thought last night it was due to having hard skin removed. I think I'll do my own pedi's from now on! Jx

ooohhhh....Dee!
Where can I find ya? :)
I need that sooooo much!
I think that sounds a wonderful ambience and I think you would have to crowbar me outta your treatment room!!!!

(by the way.......I listen to Eminem too!......along with Black Sabbath of course!)

thanks for your replies,i was starting to think i had done everything all wrong but i have to admit the few clients i have have liked it,just dont want people thinking i am bonkers,by the way i am in otley ,nr leeds so if anyone is near you are quite welcome to call in for a cuppa,now my little one is at nursery every afternoon i am at a loss,will have to start advertising more to get more clients ,(i am not v good at promoting myself).thanks love dee

HI dee,
i'm in harrogate not far from Otley so when can i pop in!!!!!

hi you can call anytime i am always in (always on this site!!!) lol ,

FAb!!! as long as you don't live on one of those mountainous hills!!!! eek i am a terrible....i hate hills....something to do with rolling backwards down one whilst learning to drive!!! can't believe there is another geek a little closer to me (leeds is a no go too scareybut otley i can just about manage lol) . I have a little boy too....he's nearly three , so we have even more in common lol!!!!

what a coincidence ,did you have your little one at harrogate hospital, i did, i will have probably saw you at the antenatle clinic , i am glad it aint just me that is scared of going to leeds either it scares the pants off me,thats why i didnt have baby at LGI coz i cant find my way round the place,i once went to visit my friend and ended up near the morgue!!! at least harrogate is small and easy to find your way round, do you have a shop in harrogate if so i can call in for a treatment, let me know love dee

how can they justify charging that much ? it did`nt sound like a spa pedicure, but you were charged a spa price, my pedis at the moment are to me pretty basic, they HAVE to fill in a client record card, they get a soak IN A SPA BATH lol all cuticle work done, a scrub, hard skin sorted, shea butter moisterising cream then a darn good massage with creatives massage oil, polish and flicks on the big toes for £15, i have soothing music in the background, AND they are totally horizontal while this is going on, i was determined to buy a chair so they can lie down, as no one else offers this, the lady i did last week started snoring lol, they are coming in slowly now as word of mouth is getting round AT LAST lol

Attachments

• cropchair.jpg
    cropchair.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 187
wow that sound ace, i just have a chair ,and a treatment couch,but it is height adjustable so they can sit on it for the soak but then just lay down for the mask bit ,and also while they are waiting for the mask i offer to do a mini mani if they want it (free) i am too soft but i love to pamper people and make them feel nice about themselves, and for that i charge £13, for a regular pedicure it is £8 .

I live in Guiseley which is very close to Otley & Harrogate - candles, music etc sounds fab - btw love Black Sabbath, AC/DC etc was a little head banger whan I was a teen, then an Ant Warrior / New Romantic - it takes all sorts I guess!:eek:

I love the Spa Pedicure!

If my clients book in then they can be sure I will perform every step each time! I have watched that video so many times! Plus I do two lots of massage (with the exfoliation and massage oil) and my clients love it! They always book this one once they have it once.

The only downside is it makes my arms ache!

I love the idea of the water feature and soothing music. I once had a Soul Soothers Pedi at Ragdale Hall Spa. It was great. You lied down in a darkened room while soft music played and the treatment was performed. Real pampering although it did cost £42!!!

Do you guys think I should call the salon owner and complain?? or is it just a lesson learnt?

x

I would definately pop in and explain the situation - especially if she is not sanitising her tools and she has cut you!

Wouldnt you rather know if a client was unhappy so you had a chance to rectify the problem and keep a customer.

YOu know the old saying - do good job and people tell 2 people, do a bad one and everyone they know gets told (well something like that anyway?!)

pedicure has always been a fave of mine
both doing & recieving!!!
when we recently moved salon premises, i was determined to have a specially designated area for pedicure.
we contemplated setting it up in one of the beauty cubicles for privacy & relaxation, but clients decided that prefered to stay in the salon as they would feel as thou they were missing out, social lot our clients.
we compromised & i purchased 2 x rocking very laid back leather chairs with matching foot stools.
we sit on the foot stool while doing pedi, & the clients lay back & put their feet up on them while waiting for their toes to dry!
1 client stayed for 1 1/2 hrs the other day!
she said we should rent them out lol!
many clients reckon they want the chairs in their lounge for watching t.v!

mrs geek, u should come & c the new salon & i'll treat u 2 a FULL 1.5 hrs of LUXURY spa pedicure!

seriously, that way u get to c us & new salon & get ur tootsies pampered aswell!

liza xx

liza smith said:
pedicure has always been a fave of mine
both doing & recieving!!!
when we recently moved salon premises, i was determined to have a specially designated area for pedicure.
we contemplated setting it up in one of the beauty cubicles for privacy & relaxation, but clients decided that prefered to stay in the salon as they would feel as thou they were missing out, social lot our clients.
we compromised & i purchased 2 x rocking very laid back leather chairs with matching foot stools.
we sit on the foot stool while doing pedi, & the clients lay back & put their feet up on them while waiting for their toes to dry!
1 client stayed for 1 1/2 hrs the other day!
she said we should rent them out lol!
many clients reckon they want the chairs in their lounge for watching t.v!

mrs geek, u should come & c the new salon & i'll treat u 2 a FULL 1.5 hrs of LUXURY spa pedicure!

seriously, that way u get to c us & new salon & get ur tootsies pampered aswell!

liza xx

YOU ARE ON BABE - i AM THERE XXX

Jo Jo said:
Do you guys think I should call the salon owner and complain?? or is it just a lesson learnt?

x

I would certainly let the salon owner know how you feel.
You may have learned a lesson ... but unless you speak out, the SALON has not ... nor has the operator who performed this pedicure!

liza smith said:

liza xx
Howdy doodi Liza

Where did you get your chairs from.......and how much?

Thanks very much, sweetie
Love
Delliexxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back