Pedicure using paraffin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karanicole

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have any ideas on how to use paraffin when doing a pedicure? I dont really want them to dip their whole foot into the paraffin, that doesnt seem sanitary! I've heard about people doing it with gauze, dipping that into the paraffin first then putting it on their foot. Any one have any suggestions?

Hi Hun paint it n wrap it! hun you should prob do a small quick course on it? might help:green: i am always doing little courses here and there, do you already have manicure and pedicure? xxx

Yeah i offer regular manis and pedis but im looking to do add on services to make a little extra money and paraffin seems really popular. I was going to practice a little first before trying it!

You can always use paraffin baggies. They make sizes large enough for feet. Use a kitchen ladle to get the paraffin out of the pot, ladle it into the individual baggies and then put the baggies onto the feet. If the paraffin is nice and oily, you can remove it by applying constant gentle pressure as you're removing it and it should come off like a glove.

I think painting it on & wrapping it will work great and still be really professional! Thanks! Anyone else have ideas?

I use a paraffin wax brush to paint it on. To prevent double dipping, I decant the wax into a small bowl covered with clingfilm. Then when you are finished, you can take the clingfilm off and voila, no mess left on the bowl! I work mobile and bought a tiny heater that I decant from to make it easier to carry as well.

HTH

X

i use the baggies and ladle approach. i put 2 ladles of wax into the bag then seal the bag and shake it all around the bag,apply to the foot and put the bootie on.. I then leave the client for 15 minutes turn the lights down and let them relax...

The baggie and ladle method may sound "low class" but it isn't and it's very hygienic. No double dipping, the baggies are one-use and are designed for mani/pedis. Cover them with the warm booties or mittens, turn the lights down low, aaaaahhhhhh.......

Latest posts

Back