Pedicure with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hi all I have searched till I am blue in the face and now got an headche lol, I have a luxury Pedicure tomorrow and wanted to know should I do the shellac before or after ?? as I am a bit worried about doing the scrub and it scratching or doing anything to the Shellac.
Thanx :)

As I understand it, the spa elements of the pedicure should be done after the shellac, not because of scratching, but because the oils from the spa pedi products can cause trouble with the shellac lasting if it is applied straight afterwards.

Do the shellac treatment then go for through the spa treatment process.

Hi Thanx for that wasn't sure, new customer so wanted to make sure I got it right :)

Do the shellac as you would with normal enamel, at the very end. I do all my prep revoval cuticles etc at the begining, then proceed with pedicure then straight onto polish/shellac and at end apply a little more cream, solar oil and massage.

Thats how I do it anyhows lol:lol:

Hi Thanx katie so either way, then wasn't sure its my first pedicure using shellac, haven't even done a manicure yet so good to know anyway works. :)

If you're going to Shellac after the pedi then you must ensure total removal of any oils/products from the toenails.
Personally, I do the Shellac then go on to the relaxing pedi treatment :D

Is'nt that what we always ensure anyhows when either applying snadard enamel, shellac, gel or L&P that the nail plate is SCRUB freshed before application, I just predfer to do it last as it gives smooth flawless finish as feet have been soaked and buffed etc lol,,,,Not that my shellac procedure looks any less when not done with a full pedi:wink2:

I'm right by the beech , been doing loads of shellac lux pedi's
I PEP and apply the shellac first
then I do the pedI, the soak , scrub , heated bootys , what ever it dosent have ANY effect on the shellac what so ever,
this reverse way was recomended to us at the 2010 EVENT by Doug & the others for boath mani & pedi,
as by doing it first the nails are at a normal moisture levle and have not absorbed anything or changed shape, witch would/could effect the shellac later when the nails reterned to normal,

the other fab thing about doing the shellac first then the scrub , soake ect ?? Your client will instantly gain faith in the newly applyed product that dose not smudge, chip, flake ect they will be suprised!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ok will do the shellac first, did do a mini manicure and did the massage after the shellac and she had them on for 3 week woth no problems, she is a gardener so I was more worried about her ruining the shellac as she dont wear glove she like's to feel her work, bless her she brought me some lovely flowers :)

Thanks Sandi, mizzy, I am going to deffo give this a go tomorrow,,, just goes against everything ive ever done lol,, kinda like when you done your first french shellac, and wiped with disperse,,,wrong,,lol.

But obv it works better so I am going to give it a go, so as I would usually do mini manicure first before full pedi would you suggest do full shellac procedure then onto pedi? then use oil cream last? xx

official CND steps are shaping, cuticle work, Shellac, then pedi :) you can do a quick 3-5 min sanitizing soak before Shellac, but everything else should come after.

great, I just assumed obv as I have always done polish last as was trained shellac would be the same, but more I think about it, it makes sense to do first,,although I do like appling polish to lovely cleansed clean scrubbed feet, toes lol xxx

Thanks Sandi, mizzy, I am going to deffo give this a go tomorrow,,, just goes against everything ive ever done lol,, kinda like when you done your first french shellac, and wiped with disperse,,,wrong,,lol.I don't rember doing that? Lol

But obv it works better so I am going to give it a go, so as I would usually do mini manicure first before full pedi would you suggest do full shellac procedure then onto pedi? then use oil cream last? xx

Yep , I do the mini mani /pedi first then the shellac and save all fun stuff for after :) I love there little faces when I then put them in the foot bath right after the shellac , when your done then for finishing do as you normaly would massage /oil ect :)

great, I just assumed obv as I have always done polish last as was trained shellac would be the same, but more I think about it, it makes sense to do first,,although I do like appling polish to lovely cleansed clean scrubbed feet, toes lol xxx

Aaahhhh but Waite till you see the gleeming shine of the shellac and there clean feet :)

It's just as cool the other way round to , maybe more so ....

Ladies, just wondering how long you would allocate for a luxury pedicure with shellac. I use CND Raw Earth Range. Would normally allocate 1 hour for a luxury pedicure without shellac but never done a luxury pedicure with shellac before----- just normal shellac manicure or shellac pedicure.
I kind of talk clients out of doing shellac with full pedicure or manicure---for reasons I really dont know (lol) I guess cos my product is really oily and can be messy (just me thinking aloud now). Any advise would be really appreciated. Many thanks. :)

Ladies, just wondering how long you would allocate for a luxury pedicure with shellac. I use CND Raw Earth Range. Would normally allocate 1 hour for a luxury pedicure without shellac but never done a luxury pedicure with shellac before----- just normal shellac manicure or shellac pedicure.
I kind of talk clients out of doing shellac with full pedicure or manicure---for reasons I really dont know (lol) I guess cos my product is really oily and can be messy (just me thinking aloud now). Any advise would be really appreciated. Many thanks. :)
It shouldn't take any longer than polishing with enamel... when one foot is curing under the lamp you're applying Shellac to the other one.
The only thing I find is the last cure of the top coat, but for the sake of 2 minutes it's not a 'problem' :green:
We're just doing things in a different order than we're used to, but not really doing any more 'work' than a regular spa pedi.

Hi,
Some advice please :)
was advised when doing shellac on toenails, not to soak feet prior.
I'm finding it hard to cut, file and do a nice cuticle job on the toenails without soaking the feet first.
What should i do?
Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi,
Some advice please :)
was advised when doing shellac on toenails, not to soak feet prior.
I'm finding it hard to cut, file and do a nice cuticle job on the toenails without soaking the feet first.
What should i do?
Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Are you using cuticle away? That should be doing the work for you and having just as good affect as soaking. I used it on myself last night on my finger nails for the first time and was amazed at how much cuticle was actually on my nail plate!!

Latest posts

Back