Pedicures and Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailTechi

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a client ask me last night if I could extend her big toe nail by putting a tip on it, I said no as it could damage her toes when she has shoes on.

Has anyone done this? Is this ok to do? and how would you go about it? xxxx

Hi,

I had a client ask me last night if I could extend her big toe nail by putting a tip on it, I said no as it could damage her toes when she has shoes on.

I've heard it can be done but never have done it myself. I know you can get toe tips because a girl at college has such large nails they have to put a toe tip on instead. I assume you would do the toe tip exactly the same way as you do nail tips.

x

I have fixed toe nails before, but never with a tip. I used forms and sculpted the nail as usually. :D

I would just use L&P small bead and then press down pat out build yourself a nail,, no need to worry about overexposure as you only doing this one nail. I would not use forms as you are not building a free edge, or tips as you do not need to extend. I use this method all the time when somebody want a toenail reconstructing. x

Hiya I do them the same as Katie, my friend has half a big toe nail so its easy to just scuplt a nail, I dont use forms I just apply oil round the toe then build the nail, the oil stops the acrylic sticking to the skin.:D

Hi,

Well certainly you can extend a toenail using a tip and a thin overlay. Why would it damage her toe any more than her own toe nail would??

In my opinion, You should avoid giving clients answers until you know them yourself or you can sound like you don't know what you are doing. Ask on here and them give them the right answer.

If you'd given me that answer, that a tip would damage my toe I would have thought you really did not know what you were talking about (even if I didn't know a thing about nails, your answer just doesn't make any common sense).

It would only cause problems if doing them too long so that they then start to rub/knock on the insides of her shoes, but surely she wasn't asking for them to be really long? I have never been asked to put enhancements on toes to make them longer though, just overlays and correcting broken nails.

Well certainly you can extend a toenail using a tip and a thin overlay. Why would it damage her toe any more than her own toe nail would??

In my opinion, You should avoid giving clients answers until you know them yourself or you can sound like you don't know what you are doing. Ask on here and them give them the right answer.

If you'd given me that answer, that a tip would damage my toe I would have thought you really did not know what you were talking about (even if I didn't know a thing about nails, your answer just doesn't make any common sense).

I think my answer does make common sense! If the nail broke or cracked it could cut hers toe inside her shoes! She has sensitive toes, and I know what she means by that, as I have the same. I do know what the hell I am talking about.

Thanks for everyone elses comments, will try that the next time. xxxx

Hun geeg was just pointing out the fact that you told your client that it was not ok to use a tip as it would cause damage, and then you ask on here, would it?? A tip as geeg pointed out would not cause damage having sensitive nail beds is irrelevent. xx

i have put a full set of white tips on myself in the past with no problems :)

Latest posts

Back