Pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flic22

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions today :| My brain is working overtime on my new business venture lol.

So, how do you do your pedicures? Where do your clients sit, where do you sit? I'm trying all options as I've no proper pedicure chairs. I do have a manicure table with 2 chairs and I've a massage bed. The bed is too high for clients to soak their feet in the spa so I've been getting them to sit on a chair then move to the bed so its higher for me.

Sorry for all the questions today :| My brain is working overtime on my new business venture lol.

So, how do you do your pedicures? Where do your clients sit, where do you sit? I'm trying all options as I've no proper pedicure chairs. I do have a manicure table with 2 chairs and I've a massage bed. The bed is too high for clients to soak their feet in the spa so I've been getting them to sit on a chair then move to the bed so its higher for me.

I am opening a salon next month so know how the brain can work overtime at this stage :lol:

This is how I plan to do my pedicures:

My dream would be to have one of those foot basins to make water supply and disinfecting a breeze, see this to get an idea of what I mean. But the place I am going to be in doesn't have the infrastructure for that right now (and I don't have the budget :lol: ) so I am going for two of these chairs which I will be combining with a little stool for me and these lightweight bowls for soaking. I plan to sit across from the client on a lower stool and have their foot on my lap (like I currently do mobile)

Last edited:
Oh, whereabouts in Zürich are you Mbzh? I know someone looking for a good place to be pampered there.

Wow! Where abouts? Let me know what kind of things that you are offering, that sounds ideal.

Wow! Where abouts? Let me know what kind of things that you are offering, that sounds ideal.

Once everything is set up I will send you a PM I am hoping for a September opening but doing some renovations first - in Switzerland sometimes these things take a bit longer ;) To begin with it's going to be natural nail treatments (manicures, pedicures and Shellac) also have a spare treatment room which I will work on over winter to turn into a room for massage and facials.

Sorry that I hi-jacked your thread, Flic22. I had the same problem looking for an ideal way to do pedicures. I found a recliner chair that I can raise to an ideal working hight on Gumtree. It was a bargain, all it needed was a good clean. I dont soak for my pedicures though, I mainly do Gel toes.

Mbzh, that's the swiss way I'm afraid. You'll get used to it. Look forward to a PM.

No worries ch-ela.

Mzbh, those chairs look great!

Still looking for ideas if anyone has any?

No worries ch-ela.

Mzbh, those chairs look great!

Still looking for ideas if anyone has any?

At 2 places iv worked at before the client has sat on the bed (with the top up so its like a large chair) with a large v-shape pillow behind them (any pillow will do - for comfiness and back support)
The pedicure bowl was then axed on the bed and plugged into nearest wall. Clients bent their knees and put their feet in the bowl.
The therapist would sit on a chair from the manicure table at the end of the bed and then ~walaaa~ proceed with pedicure

Hope this makes sense and helps :)

Laura💋

So, how do you do your pedicures? Where do your clients sit, where do you sit? I'm trying all options as I've no proper pedicure chairs. I do have a manicure table with 2 chairs and I've a massage bed.

Same problem here - I rent a treatment room and it's too small to fit a proper pedi chair in it. In my training the client was sat on normal chair that you have at your nail desk and it worked all right. I'm thinking of getting a nice chair with arm rests but can't bloody find it! I found one in Ikea but it's a bit too low for mani (0,40m hight, when normal chair is 0,45), so I'm still on the quest lol
Those chairs that Mbzh got are stunning but there's no way I could possibly fit them in :cry:
Anyway, I'm thinking of something like this, but a bit higher, I hope it would be comfy enough.
SOLSTA OLARP Fåtölj - Ransta natur - IKEA
Instead of the pedicure bowl I'll have a foot SPA (they've got cheap one in Capital, it's Babyliss that does bubbles, massage and heats the water).
Fellow geeks with small spaces please suggest how did you get it sorted as it is a proper struggle! Thanks in advance :)

If client is having a manicure aswell as a pedicure I set up for both but do pedicure first and place a chair for client and a stool for me at the side of the manicure table facing eachother.. I put a towel in the middle n foot spa.. Get them to soak there feet and then put a towel on lap and work on one foot at a time and keep ulternating feet through out service.. Then put flip flops on clients and get them to carefully get up and then u place there chair into normal position at manicure table for there mani.. And move the foot spa and towel from floor.. But if they were having a pedicure only I would do it in treatment room and have 2 chairs facing opposite eachother next to beauty couch have the foot spa and towel in the floor in the middle of me n client again and then start with the usual routine of consultation etc with client sitting on chair.. Sanatise.. Remove any polish.. Etc.. Then soak in foot spa and dry feet off and ask client to get onto the couch.. I then perform pedicure sitting at the bottom of the couch with couch set so client can sit up and have a cushion to put under there knees to make it more comfortable.. I use a smaller bowl of warm water to remove mask on a trilly next to me and when it's time for polish I get them to bend there knees so there feet are flat on the bed and then paint there toes :) sorry for the long post got a bit carried away lol hope this is some help to you xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a couch that converts to a chair. It is too high for my footsie bath, so I bought a small plastic stool cheaply from Wilkinsons.

I set the bed like a chair, get the client to soak while I make a drink, then scrub and remove.

When I'm finished, I get them to remove their feet, slide the stool and foot bath to the side and bring the couch back up to bed position.

This works very well for me.

I previously would put the foot bath on the bed and have the client bend their knees but the footsie bath is too high.

My manicures are on a nail desk, so I would do one then the other xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

If client is having a manicure aswell as a pedicure I set up for both but do pedicure first and place a chair for client and a stool for me at the side of the manicure table facing eachother.. I put a towel in the middle n foot spa.. Get them to soak there feet and then put a towel on lap and work on one foot at a time and keep ulternating feet through out service.. Then put flip flops on clients and get them to carefully get up and then u place there chair into normal position at manicure table for there mani.. And move the foot spa and towel from floor.. But if they were having a pedicure only I would do it in treatment room and have 2 chairs facing opposite eachother next to beauty couch have the foot spa and towel in the floor in the middle of me n client again and then start with the usual routine of consultation etc with client sitting on chair.. Sanatise.. Remove any polish.. Etc.. Then soak in foot spa and dry feet off and ask client to get onto the couch.. I then perform pedicure sitting at the bottom of the couch with couch set so client can sit up and have a cushion to put under there knees to make it more comfortable.. I use a smaller bowl of warm water to remove mask on a trilly next to me and when it's time for polish I get them to bend there knees so there feet are flat on the bed and then paint there toes :) sorry for the long post got a bit carried away lol hope this is some help to you xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

My bed will be placed in the corner so I have no access to their feet unfortunately... but the idea is good.
On the training we carried whole treatment with 2 chairs and bowl placed like you say - client would bend their knees only for painting nails so they're in right position, otherwise straight legs, foot on my laps.
Thank you for pedi+mani option - frankly I didn't think of that. Why do you use a stool for yourself instead of chair?
Meanwhile I found this chair, seat height 0,48m - hope this will be good enough!
NILS Karmstol - Blekinge vit - IKEA

My bed will be placed in the corner so I have no access to their feet unfortunately... but the idea is good.
On the training we carried whole treatment with 2 chairs and bowl placed like you say - client would bend their knees only for painting nails so they're in right position, otherwise straight legs, foot on my laps.
Thank you for pedi+mani option - frankly I didn't think of that. Why do you use a stool for yourself instead of chair?
Meanwhile I found this chair, seat height 0,48m - hope this will be good enough!
NILS Karmstol - Blekinge vit - IKEA

I would much prefer a chair lol but unfortunatley where I work only provides stools for therapists and chairs for clients and im used to it now so i dont mind :) and glad I was of some help to you, good luck! xx

Ihh

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back