Peel off masks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaBeauty

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any algae or jelly peel off masks?
I used to use Casmara but I've been struggling to purchase them, Ellisons are always sold out.
Thanks

I use an algo mask from Crystal Clear - They call it a 'mini lift' mask.
You mix powder (containing wheat protein & seaweed extract) and liquid activator together, mix and apply quickly. Leave for 20 minutes and then peel off. It sets into a rubbery layer, easy to remove.

Chris and Sons now have Casmara and seem to have stock

I use an algo mask from Crystal Clear - They call it a 'mini lift' mask.
You mix powder (containing wheat protein & seaweed extract) and liquid activator together, mix and apply quickly. Leave for 20 minutes and then peel off. It sets into a rubbery layer, easy to remove.

Sorry as this is slightly off the OP question, what do you do during the treatment for this to set for 20 minutes? I find it easy during an hour treatment to let a mask set for 10 minutes to offer foot or arm massage but just creating some routines and curious of your approach

Sorry as this is slightly off the OP question, what do you do during the treatment for this to set for 20 minutes? I find it easy during an hour treatment to let a mask set for 10 minutes to offer foot or arm massage but just creating some routines and curious of your approach
I only offer a little 10-15 min massage on hands or feet if the client asks for it and I would charge an extra £5.
All my facials have masks which stay on for 15-20 mins. During this time I tuck up the client really warm and they relax and listen to the music with eye pads on. Most fall asleep.
I pad round as quietly as possible so as to not disturb them but try to clear up, write up notes, fill in receipt, check messages, wash up bowls and brushes and plan what retail I might interest them in.
If time for a client is short I might do a gel soak off or file nails to fit everything in for them but only with their agreement.
A lot of my clients will have a manicure or pedicure followed by facial so this way I can paint their nails and they can be drying while performing the facial. Then the polish is all dry and no chance of smudging!

I only offer a little 10-15 min massage on hands or feet if the client asks for it and I would charge an extra £5.
All my facials have masks which stay on for 15-20 mins. During this time I tuck up the client really warm and they relax and listen to the music with eye pads on. Most fall asleep.
I pad round as quietly as possible so as to not disturb them but try to clear up, write up notes, fill in receipt, check messages, wash up bowls and brushes and plan what retail I might interest them in.
If time for a client is short I might do a gel soak off or file nails to fit everything in for them but only with their agreement.
A lot of my clients will have a manicure or pedicure followed by facial so this way I can paint their nails and they can be drying while performing the facial. Then the polish is all dry and no chance of smudging!

Sounds divine and very efficient! I think it's ultimately down to personal preference, but I've had clients that complain about past treatments where there was long periods of no contact, as well as my own personal experience when some clients appear agitated when contact is broken which is why I've keep this to a minimum.

I'm going to be using an LED canopy and really want to sell this into a lot of my hour facials, while the canopy is engaged (15-20 mins max) I considered placing a cream on feet and hands and electric gloves/mitts (the electric devices fit with my branding) so they have more of a whole body experience. It would be easy for me to do these in 10 minutes but I think I would struggle for 20 minutes without it becoming a whole front of body massage.

I've considered like you've mentioned, tucking them in (I'd do the electric mitts/gloves) and leaving them to relax for 10 minutes before returning to close out the treatment.

I believe this would be more for my clients who want something more in their advanced facials (microneedling, microdermabrasion, advanced peels) and don't mind not being massaged/pampered for the full 60 mins.

You have given me more confidence as I've been struggling with the idea of leaving the client!

Latest posts

Back