Peeling, splitting, breaking, yuk!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex73

Reaction score
Hiya lovely folks :green:

I dont do many natural nails & mani's (or anything else thanks to my super-duper gorge baby), just my own atm....

I find that if I cut my nails, they grow back pretty darn well, less splitting & peeling, just pretty decent looking nails, but lacking the smooth f/e I would like!

However when I file them, either the traditional 'sides to centre' way or gently back & forth, they are weak, peelable & generally rubbish!!! :irked:

Is my technique in need of a serious tweeking, or am i a freak?!

Please advise me :green:

Thanks lots xxx

What is the grit of your abrasive?
a 240 grit used in long fluid movements (holding one 1/3 and using 2/3rds of the abrasive) finishing in a gentle backwards and forwards movement, should take the length down , and seal the keratin layers of the nail, thus preventing peeling and flaking!

(Surely freak is a bit harsh...a little strange maybe:lol:)

What is the grit of your abrasive?
a 240 grit used in long fluid movements (holding one 1/3 and using 2/3rds of the abrasive) finishing in a gentle backwards and forwards movement, should take the length down , and seal the keratin layers of the nail, thus preventing peeling and flaking!

(Surely freak is a bit harsh...a little strange maybe:lol:)

LOL, I like 'a little strange', its uncannily accurate :lol:.

I generally use a koala, they're 240 grit are'nt they?? lol

I do have naturally thin nails though :|

Try nailtiques formula 2 it has won award after award for strengthening the nail plate and preventing the nail from peeling. There is also a 2 plus formula for extreme peeling. All u do is apply every other day building up the layers of protein :hug:
They are ab fab and are available from grafton international x x x

LOL, I like 'a little strange', its uncannily accurate :lol:.

I generally use a koala, they're 240 grit are'nt they?? lol

I do have naturally thin nails though :|

Yes Koala has a 240 side but it is a cushioned abrasive.... for shaping natural nails I prefer a hard board like a 240 grit Kanga board.

Try nailtiques formula 2 .....

Thanks for the suggestion blackjack x
Though I'm very happy with my current suppliers:)

Yes Koala has a 240 side but it is a cushioned abrasive.... for shaping natural nails I prefer a hard board like a 240 grit Kanga board.
Thanks Izzy :hug:
I'll give that a go, I've only used my Kanga's with my Fabric# so far.

You know what though, this highlights for me that its time for me to do the Creative Spa course & tweek my mani skills (a lot).

I wonder if there'll be a change to the Spa course when the new education folio is un-vieled.....:):):)....exciting!

Latest posts

Back