Peeling tan in cleavage...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Hi all,

I really think there should be a "Tan Geek" forum on here as there are so many questions posted about tanning under "Skin Geek" but hey...

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to prevent my tan from peeling off in my cleavage? I've got a decent size rack on me so I guess I sweat a lot in there, but within 3 days I end up with this white patch in my cleavage which ruins the whole look. If I exfoliate in there now it tend to make it worse.

It may be something I just have to live with but thought i'd ask the question anyhow.

Thanks in advance

Melissa

hiya

when ive had a tan in the past this is the first place it starts to go as i got to wear a bra,after ive washed the bronzer off i i dont have to go anyware i try to leave my bra off as long as possible

hth

maz x

Hi all,

I really think there should be a "Tan Geek" forum on here as there are so many questions posted about tanning under "Skin Geek" but hey...

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to prevent my tan from peeling off in my cleavage? I've got a decent size rack on me so I guess I sweat a lot in there, but within 3 days I end up with this white patch in my cleavage which ruins the whole look. If I exfoliate in there now it tend to make it worse.

It may be something I just have to live with but thought i'd ask the question anyhow.

Thanks in advance

Melissa
Hi Melissa,

the cleavage area is one of the worst areas,particularly with larger ladies for wearing a tan.
Far to often therapists can over spray these areas which accentuates the problem.
The best course of action is to ask your therapist not to apply any solution directly to this area at all.....simply let the over spray from treating other areas to lightly mist the cleavage...this area wont be as dark initially as the rest of your body however the wear off will not be any where as bad as being over sprayed.

Remember a good spray tan should mimic a natural UV sun tan...which has white bits around the cleavage of larger ladies also.

By not spraying directly to this area you can of course also ask your therapist if they retail moisturiser impregnated with DHA which if applied daily will not only help reduce wear but will also help lightly develop the tan to this area

Hope this makes sense co I haven't got a clue what ive been waffling on about :eek::lol::hug:

Hi there, I also have this problem and I've found that if you exfoliate the cleavage well and then apply a good moisturiser (I use Palmers Cocoa Butter) the tan will stay for longer and will not peel as bad. I'd shower and moisturise about an hour before you plan to tan as it will give the moisturiser time to soak into your skin.

Also as the reply above, it is best not to overload that area with tan and just a coverage will be better. You can always instant tan over the top or add a little bronzer if you want that little bit extra of extra colour :)

Oh and keep the area moisturised as much as possible the days after applying your tan!

To echo Marie above, I have found exfoliating the skin between the cleavage thoroughly often helps alleviate this problem.

Thank you all for your feedback. I'm definately going to try your suggestions for my next tan!!!:hug:

yes and i find if i also go without my bra for the time my tan is developing helps too. (though i know its not always practical to do so!)

yes and i find if i also go without my bra for the time my tan is developing helps too. (though i know its not always practical to do so!)

My friend tans me at my home so I definately wear the minimum afterwards. I think it is a matter of too much tan in that area and not enough concentrated exfoliating either... Thanks again:)

Latest posts

Back