People don't want gels!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beautynails said:
Doesn't work for me. I usually wear gel ( but sometimes l&p),peeps always like but still want l&p.

Try it with natural tips and the shine buffed off and see how many of them ask you what you did to get your natural nails to grow so long.

whatever i have on my nails my clients always say, 'oh i'd like them like yours please'. I am wearing gel and they don't even tend to ask me what they are just that they look nice and want them.people also tend to listen to my advice and go with it. those that don't tend to have probs and so convert to what i recommended! keep at it Judy, wear some gels and keep talking people into it!

Have to say that I only do L&P and a couple of weeks ago went round Sassy's house to get help/advice on tip blending.Sassy only does gels and she gave me a quick demo of a pink and white gel nail. I was amazed at how lovely it looked and I loved the shiney finish. It's definately something I would like to do in the near future.

In Buenos Aires, gel is very popular! I don't know the rate, but I'm always looking at other people's nails, and I always find a lot of gel. Nail art is not so used, but... everybody looks and asks me for it!

Around here everyone wears l&p and I think thats because the salons around here are all nss. Its sad because when people ask for gel its beacuse they believe that the "acrylic" has damaged thier nails!

On the other hand people are just scared of what they don't know or understand. They need reconditioning, they have been fed so much rubbish about gels that some of them run a mile. "It's not as strong as l&P, it burns your nails, it damages the nails". The list is endless.

I was just going to say the same thing. Best advertisement I got for gels were my own nails. Plus, I wear natural tips, buff off the shine and oil them so my nails look very real. Most people do not have a clue I'm wearing tips and gels... just like everyone else. People are shocked to find out my nails are enhancements. I get asked all the time what I put on my nails to get them to grow so long and pretty! Um... tips and gels? LOL! OMG, what are gels? Who does your nails? They're even more shocked when they find out I do my own. The little weird thing of buffing off the shine has brought me more biz than I can begin to tell you!

I know this thread is a few months old but, just wanted to ask, do you find your gel lifts or you have any problems because you have buffed the final layer away?

Maybe they just prefer the look of l&p? Personally I hate doing gels and I would never wear them on myself because i don't like how they look. Lucky for me, no one where I live gets gels. We're an l&p kind of city i guess!

personally I prefer gel and I do more gel enhancements than l&p .Having said that I do more silk than gel.If you do your own maybe after seeing yours some clients may want to try.I wouldn't worry, all enhancements are great when properly applied and all have pros and cons

Latest posts

Back