People expecting something for nothing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg!!!! This subject make me so mad!! It's like we not skilled! It's not a real job! Theses people family or not do not respect us in our chosen fabulous talented industry! Well they need educating stand firm on prices. I give family 20% off but mums/dads & outlaws ( yes outlaws lol ) free only because they help out with kids etc. a favour is one thing but people's hair grows fast, and its like a favour every 6 wks etc. ask yourself what do they do in return for you??? Every 6 weeks??? Ermm!! Thought so ;-) learn my lesson the hard way a long time ago. Some family only wanted me when I was free and when I asked for a bit to cover products they went elsewhere.and I was so glad to be rid ;-) rant over

Only people who go free with me are my mum, step mum & mother in law. My best friend and sister get 50% off but everyone else pays full price! I used to say half price to all friends and family then realised only time they wante to see me was when they needed a spray tan etc!x

Exspecially when I have payed money for 3 different Wella colour courses a perming with Wella barbering course weeks intensive creative cutting and colouring course with toni & guy and another cutting and product knowledge with toni & guy hair extension course it's so annoying I'm guna pluck up the corage and say from no on its this price and that's it if your not willing to pay it goes else were xx

I get this a lot too! It's usually can you cut my hair ill bung you a fiver!!! 😡 Or ill sort you out some money next week/ when I get paid / get back from hols!!! And the money never materialises. One friend got me to fit a full head extensions and then decided to say when I'd finished that she'd have to sort me out the cash the following Monday!! Grrr!! They would never do it if they went to a salon! It's just complete disrespect really. I think I'm gonna start taking money upfront from now on. No cash No Service.

You teach people how to treat you. I wouldnt care of it was my husbands boss and he could lose a job over it. I will never be desperate again.

Screw them. Its just hair. If I dont have money to get my hair done, I dont. They shouldnt either. This is not the same thing as a welfare program. You dont NEED hair services to survive.

You teach people how to treat you. I wouldnt care of it was my husbands boss and he could lose a job over it. I will never be desperate again.

Screw them. Its just hair. If I dont have money to get my hair done, I dont. They shouldnt either. This is not the same thing as a welfare program. You dont NEED hair services to survive.
Hear Hear!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369167908.091302.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369167908.091302.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 158
Why do people exspect thing for nothing? I've been doing hairdressing for over 7 years and people think they can ask you to do there hair and give me peanuts I'm sick of it I feel bad asking for money cos they look at you as if I'm Robbin them.the other day I did my partners uncles wife's hair she had full head foil cut and blow and 2 of her kids dry trims she gave me £30!!!! and thinks that's enuf then wonders why when she rings me I'm always busy itsnot just her nearly everyone is like that its annoying when i no how much i charge when im in the salon. it costs me a bomb in products for the colours and hair product as there not cheap xx I would like some advice what to say to them all please xx

I am the same, After doing 3 cuts and blowdrys and 1 full head tint using mall of my proffesional products my aunt said "il pay you later" 3 weeks later she came herself for a cut and gave me £30 for the lot, i was fuming, and now shes wondering why im busy? I also have a neighbour who asks me to do her daughters fringe trims and stupidly i do them but she doesnt give me anything for that even though she doesnt send her daughter to me to get her hair cut.

I sometimes have the same problem have had rows with friends about it but now I've set a rate generally make sure I cover product costs and charge bit more for time I cut and colour mums hair and in m in law for free obviously! Just don't let ppl take the mick!!!

I sacked a couple of so called friends about 10 years ago due to them trying to extract the urine, no real loss :-/

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I don't cut friends or family anymore. I never charged family for cutting their hair but what annoyed me was getting a text, not even a proper phone call asking for a hair cut practically the next day. I even cut my husbands hair at work at the end of a day when he picks me up.
I also remember a really rude person coming into the salon asking how much a cut was. At the time there was only two people working and we were waiting for our next clients. We told her the price and she said " Christ, charging those sort of prices no wonder you got no clients " and stormed out.

I had a friend who wouldn't let me cut her hair whilst I was training because she was too protective over it. Which is fair enough .... Until my other friend started hairdressing and needed a model and she did it for her. She now texts me and mentions when I see her that she wants me to do her hair. Which I know she will assume will be free! I just tell her no cos she wasn't there when I needed her help haha. !!

Also my brothers who always want me to do their hair then and there if I say no in busy thy tell my mum and she gets involved and makes me do it!! They also then spend the whole time until their next cut moaning about how they don't like how I did it ..., then it starts all over again begging me for a cut a few weeks later. Acting like they can't just walk down the road and go the barbers and pay like £8 or whatever it is! And they've both got decent jobs!!

Why do people exspect thing for nothing? I've been doing hairdressing for over 7 years and people think they can ask you to do there hair and give me peanuts I'm sick of it I feel bad asking for money cos they look at you as if I'm Robbin them.the other day I did my partners uncles wife's hair she had full head foil cut and blow and 2 of her kids dry trims she gave me £30!!!! and thinks that's enuf then wonders why when she rings me I'm always busy itsnot just her nearly everyone is like that its annoying when i no how much i charge when im in the salon. it costs me a bomb in products for the colours and hair product as there not cheap xx I would like some advice what to say to them all please xx

That's ridiculous I would have said, and the rest please.
Ive done hair a few times and my client has said as I've no money on me, if they know there getting there hair done they should visit the cash line,. I always makes sure I tell them the price before hand

Latest posts

Back