People on bikes - opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring it on! Maybe your just jealous because my husband and I can afford to drive around on our 4x4s.

As for the guardian - well it's people like you that read it. Your usually Eco warriors, pro nanny state, left wing supporting freedom fighters.

Yes, I do read the daily mail.

Tell me, if you hit my car whilst weaving through traffic, how would I make a claim? Oh yes, I wouldn't because your NOT INSURED!

Surrey Girl through and through x

Wow. You deduced that because I ride a bike in my spare time, and that my partner gets paid to compete in road cycling- inc sponsorship from a well known sports brandon top of a full time, very well paid job- I am a destitute hippy.
You are amazingly entertaining, great comic timing :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow. You deduced that because I ride a bike in my spare time, and that my partner gets paid to compete in road cycling- inc sponsorship from a well known sports brandon top of a full time, very well paid job- I am a destitute hippy.

Clearly you have no answer for my question.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Clearly you have no answer for my question.

Clearly you are very bored. The sun is shining over here in Notts, I am off to watch the Cycle Live Event with my beautiful children :) I will be sure to go quietly over your bridge, "trip, trap, trip, trap". Enjoy your day

In fact I will post it again:

How would a motorist claim if a bike hit/scratched his/her car?

Haha us meandering tourists are scared of you crazy islanders ;) Anyone who impatiently overtakes us round here, Sam says "Mummy I think they're from the Isle of Wight". ;) :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hehe! I meant on foot, did you drive through Godshill? I can't remember if you said you'd been but you'll not forget the experience if you did. The name is very apt because they are literally all over the road in droves where there is no pavement. :eek: Us Islanders are ready for it, but it beats me why it's still a 30mph speed limit through there, when you have to crawl to allow them to jump out of the way.

You must come back down :hug:

Today I read in the paper about a bloke who had acid sprayed in his face during a reported road rage attack. It's just not worth getting that wound up about. Live and let live people, life is too precious to let these every day things risk affecting us so profoundly. We have to share, it's part of being a responsible road user, no matter how frustrating it can get.

If I did, my aunt was driving, when she drives I tend to look out the passenger window, rather than the windscreen. .. its that scary ;) :)

I may just be down again with the kiddies this summer. .. Max has gotta meet his fairy godmother :) xx

We can all use the roads, if we're all alert and safe. The ones that frighten me are the mobility scooters that are allowed in the road. I think it's so unsafe for those driving the mobility scooter and for other motorists. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow, what a thread.

Reading it makes me kind of scared....what a lot of anger and intolerance there is, even normally mild mannered kind geeks seem to get their dander up about this issue.

Maybe we all just need to calm down, live and let live as Dandelionpoppy already said.

Why are we all in such a hurry? Slow down, drive safely and be more tolerant of other road users.
Just in case that is an alien concept for anyone here is the definition of tolerance.....
the ability or willingness to tolerate the existence of opinions or behaviour that one dislikes or disagrees with.

Life is too short to get so het up about things like this, just crawl along in your car at 10mph until its safe to get past a cyclist, are you all so important that you have to be someplace and those few minutes of consideration would have a devastating effect ?

Also on a moderation note, please take any petty feuds and personal arguments to PM and not carry them on through various threads.

Have a good day y'all :)

Clearly you are very bored. The sun is shining over here in Notts, I am off to watch the Cycle Live Event with my beautiful children :) I will be sure to go quietly over your bridge, "trip, trap, trip, trap". Enjoy your day

I am asking a question and seeing that you love being on your bike then maybe you can answer. I mean this without prejudice. It's a simple question and you don't have the answer.

IF A CYCLIST HITS A CAR BY ACCIDENT AND SCRATCHES/DENTS THE CAR. HOW DOES THE MOTORIST CLAIM?

This is a reasonable question. It's for all cyclists not just you.

I am asking a question and seeing that you love being on your bike then maybe you can answer. I mean this without prejudice. It's a simple question and you don't have the answer.

IF A CYCLIST HITS A CAR BY ACCIDENT AND SCRATCHES/DENTS THE CAR. HOW DOES THE MOTORIST CLAIM?

This is a reasonable question. It's for all cyclists not just you.

I am doing what the mods suggest and going with the "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all approach" :) I'd imagine it would be no different to the 1000s of cars scratched by dishonest motorists in car parks every day.

I am doing what the mods suggest and going with the "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all approach" :) I'd imagine it would be no different to the 1000s of cars scratched by dishonest motorists in car parks every day.

I'm not attacking you.

That's because you have no answer because your not insured. This is true for nearly all cyclists. This happened to my husband.

Parked up in traffic then a cyclist knocks off his wing mirror. Caught up with the guy and phoned the police.

Because of no insurance he was taken to court and ended up paying far more than the cost of the wing mirror.

This is why legislation should be put in to make it compulsory for cyclists to have insurance.

I'm not attacking you.

That's because you have no answer because your not insured. This is true for nearly all cyclists. This happened to my husband.

Parked up in traffic then a cyclist knocks off his wing mirror. Caught up with the guy and phoned the police.

Because of no insurance he was taken to court and ended up paying far more than the cost of the wing mirror.

This is why legislation should be put in to make it compulsory for cyclists to have insurance.

A. Yes you are
B. I answered you
C. This is my view right now, do you think I would rather go round in circles witg the a Daily Mail reader or chill out and listen to a brass band, in the park on a beautiful day?

Opps picture won't attach, imagine a quaint English band stand in what is regarded as one of the most beautiful parks in the Midlands ;)

A. Yes you are
B. I answered you
C. This is my view right now, do you think I would rather go round in circles witg the a Daily Mail reader or chill out and listen to a brass band, in the park on a beautiful day?

I'm really not attacking you. I'm debating - there is a difference.

But if we are going to pick fault that's fine. I'm quite proud to read the daily mail and I suppose that makes me rather right wing.

You didn't answer me at all - maybe you can quote your answer because I cannot see it.

Oh, and regards to hierarchy - I think I sit higher up the social class than yourself.

You opened the door to that one.

A. Yes you are
B. I answered you

Opps picture won't attach, imagine a quaint English band stand in what is regarded as one of the most beautiful parks in the Midlands ;)

The midlands - oh yes, the location of the working class and lower class. Nice & classy.

The midlands - oh yes, the location of the working class and lower class. Nice & classy.

I live in Belvoir, not exactly lower class but unlike you I do not think that my families social standing (old money you see) means that I have the right to talk to people the way you do. You are no better than me, nor am I any better then the people who rent one of my fathers many houses and live off DSS- that is a circumstance, it does not make them who they are.
What makes people is their humanity, a kind soul and empathy. Someone who practices acceptance of diversity. I could get VERY personal about how you come to be in your circumstance but I am better than that.
I pity you having to live your life the way you do, do you not get back ache thanks to that massive chip on your shoulder?

And what does my class, how much money I have in the bank, what car I drive have to do with the fact I like to keep fit by riding a bike?

I live in Belvoir, not exactly lower class but unlike you I do not think that my families social standing (old money you see) means that I have the right to talk to people the way you do. You are no better than me, nor am I any better then the people who rent one of my fathers many houses and live off DSS- that is a circumstance, it does not make them who they are.
What makes people is their humanity, a kind soul and empathy. Someone who practices acceptance of diversity. I could get VERY personal about how you come to be in your circumstance but I am better than that.
I pity you having to live your life the way you do, do you not get back ache thanks to that massive chip on your shoulder?

Whatever, I am one of two daughters from titled parents. Privately educated at boarding school. May I also add military backgrounds from both sides of the family.

I cannot help the way I am. I am outspoken and blunt but that's the way I have been raised.

I run my own business. My husband makes enough for me not to work and spend time with my children. However, I would get bored.

I do not have a chip on my shoulder.

And what does my class, how much money I have in the bank, what car I drive have to do with the fact I like to keep fit by riding a bike?

Nothing, your attitude was the catalyst that started this.

Oh my goodness, how rude!

You should get out on your bike in the countryside, really chills you out.

I drive a car when I have to but I ride my bike when I can. Good exercise, great being in the great outdoors, I always have a better day when I've ridden to work.

I ride single file on the roads plenty of room to go past. I ride on the cycle path when there is one.

Sometime i cycle on the path. It it's difficult to fit a pedestrian, cyclist and a parked car on the pathway.

You're making yourself look like a right t**t! A Katie Hopkins wannabe...sad!
Nearly, just ignore it, we all know you are a much better person...don't fall victim to the web trollers!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness, how rude!

You should get out on your bike in the countryside, really chills you out.

I drive a car when I have to but I ride my bike when I can. Good exercise, great being in the great outdoors, I always have a better day when I've ridden to work.

I ride single file on the roads plenty of room to go past. I ride on the cycle path when there is one.

Sometime i cycle on the path. It it's difficult to fit a pedestrian, cyclist and a parked car on the pathway.

To be frank I find it shocking. I don't attack people who have a different opinion to me or boast about my social standing because I know that just because I have more money in the bank it does not instantly make me right.
"I think you are wrong and I have more money in the bank and am upper class- (because got with someone who was rich amd already married) so I am right". Where is the logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back