People trying to steal your joy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone ever get people trying to steal your joy? Do you find people in life have to add a negative comment onto something you are happy about. For example you mention that you have lost weight, someone else has to say they lost more, or add a passive aggressive comment like "well I would lose weight if I had time and money to go to the gym like you". Does anyone else ever get this. Now I don't from my immediate friends and family but I notice it happens a lot in life. Has this ever happened to you? And how did you reply to them. I try to be pleasant, tactful and kind but also a realist. any thaughts? Xxx

When I was due to move I was so excited but some family members were like it will be good I'm happy but ....... Don't get to excited you never know it could go wrong ( cheers )

Yeah like a negative added onto your positive. Like I said I'm all about being a realist. If something seems genuinely wrong I would say it, but to add a load of doom and gloom for no reason! Xxx

You always get those who feel compelled to make comments that start with
'Very nice but you wait till ____'
The prophets of doom.
Just think, you could be married to one!

A friend of mine was getting it about having her baby! They were saying things like yes but it's really hard, the weight doesn't just drop off you know. I mean really?? She's in a good relationship, she's healthy and in her late 20s, really any need for any of it! X

Oh, my dad is the one I have to avoid. I can't tell him a single thing about What I'm doing without him saying something negative. So I don't tell him anything any more.

Yes I hate it! I'm a realist completely but I hate when people underestimate my intelligence like when I talk about opening a salon & they say something like 'You should do mobile, everyone these days wants convenience!' - well actually not always! & 'you'll need all the right insurance & whatnot' well duh thanks for that Einstein. I'm like that w1nnie, it's horrible :(

Yes I hate it! I'm a realist completely but I hate when people underestimate my intelligence like when I talk about opening a salon & they say something like 'You should do mobile, everyone these days wants convenience!' - well actually not always! & 'you'll need all the right insurance & whatnot' well duh thanks for that Einstein. I'm like that w1nnie, it's horrible :(

Yeah, but when you do mobile you get people saying 'don't you want your own salon ?'

Just tell them to go to hell :twisted:

YES! & 'you've got to think about all the petrol you're using!' le sigh

Grrr I know someone like this.... Always negative.

We downsized our house as it was wayyy too big for us.. She says "it's a bit small isn't it"

I got a new car... She says " why did you buy a deisel"

I could go on forever but it always puts a negative spin on things.

Due to move again in 6-8 weeks so am looking forward to further comments

A woman I work with is like this, jelous b**** 😡 hate hate hateee her! Can people just not be happy for you? She was rajing that I have bought a house and moved in with my boyfriend this year at 20 and her almost 40 year old son still lives with her. That's my problem HOW? Grr lol xx

Oh and after reading the above post I remembered something else.. I bought myself a brand new toyota yaris last year, think I deserve it after working 60+ hours a week for the last 2 years and I've always wanted one.. But no they shouldn't have sold me that car it's big and it was expensive they should have sold me an Aygo.. Emm why? I got the car I wanted not what you wanted???? LOL

A woman I work with is like this, jelous b**** 😡 hate hate hateee her! Can people just not be happy for you? She was rajing that I have bought a house and moved in with my boyfriend this year at 20 and her almost 40 year old son still lives with her. That's my problem HOW? Grr lol xx

Oh and after reading the above post I remembered something else.. I bought myself a brand new toyota yaris last year, think I deserve it after working 60+ hours a week for the last 2 years and I've always wanted one.. But no they shouldn't have sold me that car it's big and it was expensive they should have sold me an Aygo.. Emm why? I got the car I wanted not what you wanted???? LOL

Big? Wouldn't call that big haha aygo is teeny! What's it got to do with them anyway, I would never dream of being so negative to someone if they bought a new house/car/ something they've worked hard for!

Cars deffo get people going, I bought a bmw and me and my partner always have a joke that my cars faster than his & this particular person tried to get in on our joke and say "well my cars the newest"! Well actually..... She LEASES her car so that's why she's especially jealous that I own mine outright!

Big? Wouldn't call that big haha aygo is teeny! What's it got to do with them anyway, I would never dream of being so negative to someone if they bought a new house/car/ something they've worked hard for!

Cars deffo get people going, I bought a bmw and me and my partner always have a joke that my cars faster than his & this particular person tried to get in on our joke and say "well my cars the newest"! Well actually..... She LEASES her car so that's why she's especially jealous that I own mine outright!

Exactly it's not big, about the same as what I was driving before a puegot 307! I love my car but what annoyed her is I am 20 and got myself a £14,000 car but she couldn't afford a new fiat 500 which is much less, and she has an aygo now haha. You would never know she was 60 years old lol horrible woman!! Honestly will never forget the day she said to me a "Yaris? Pfft they shouldnt have sold YOU that they should have sold you an aygo" hahaha
Some people honestly lol!

My joy got totally trampled on at the Colour trophy. My school entered me and a friend as a team, I was the colourist and he was the stylist. We won people's choice and my partner stormed the stage to get to Caroline Flack first. Then my teacher made it up on stage and pushed in front of me. Partner pushes everyone out the way to get the trophy off the girl carrying it.

I got completely pushed out and it carried on the rest of the night. Everyone was coming up to my team mate and congratulating him, telling him how talented he was and I got completely ignored. It was like I was being punished for not being a mega diva. Grr I only did the colour! Not that it's important at all. :(

Exactly it's not big, about the same as what I was driving before a puegot 307! I love my car but what annoyed her is I am 20 and got myself a £14,000 car but she couldn't afford a new fiat 500 which is much less, and she has an aygo now haha. You would never know she was 60 years old lol horrible woman!! Honestly will never forget the day she said to me a "Yaris? Pfft they shouldnt have sold YOU that they should have sold you an aygo" hahaha
Some people honestly lol!

Love it!

There are always people who like to rain on your parade. The problem lies with them, and their own worries, not you.

I have a 'friend' like this, she absolutely cannot bear to see me happy, she actually gets visibly excited when she has something negative to say to me.

It used to really get to me but I've come to realise it's just because I make her feel woefully inadequate 😉.

I have a 'friend' like this, she absolutely cannot bear to see me happy, she actually gets visibly excited when she has something negative to say to me.

It used to really get to me but I've come to realise it's just because I make her feel woefully inadequate 😉.

I have the same friend!
I'd say something like; boyfriend really annoyed me yesterday. And she would be all smiles and say tell me everything. Id be venting and at the same time realise how insignificant the problem is and she would be like oh dear can you see yourself really marrying him? What?! We've been together a year...

She always says well your boyfriend doesn't like me anyway, I got bored of saying he's met you once and hasn't said a bad word, so last time I said yeah that's true. Haha she changed the subject then 🙊

I bought a new dkny bag and my friend discouraged me from buying it.
Anyway we were at mine getting ready for the night out and I cant find a bag small enough so I used my new bag and my friend says' You only want to use it because its dkny'
Erm jealous much? She was the same when I bought my Armani scarf!

I try and keep these kind of people out of my life. Yes my friend list is a lot smaller but im a lot happier. Unfortunately my in-laws who I live with see the negative in EVERYTHING. So we don't tell them our plans now. You should buy in that area, abd not that flat and I don't know why your buying you should rent. Seriously do you want us to move out or what. My OH was unemployed for 2 years it's was awful and so hard. When he finally got a job I thought they would be over the moon like me but no it's too much driving, too manual, to many hours, contract not suitable. I spend my whole time telling my OH a negative mind will never have a positive life. I can see him turning into them if I don't get,him out soon. Then even he would be off my list too lol.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back