People's thoughts on INOA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephanie_87

Reaction score
After having originally trained with Wella and changing to L'oreal I never looked back, I think their colours are fab. But now after hearing they are gradually going to faze out Majirel and put INOA in it's place I am scared and seriously considering reverting back to Wella. INOA turns everything I know about colour on it's head and I hate being out of my depth. It's a whole different way of colouring. I used INOA a while back in the salon I used to work in and I hated it, we all hated it. We had so many customer complaints we had to stop using it. L'oreals answer is " you must be mixing it wrong" but even after we had colour training and we mixed it precisely in front of trainer the coverage was awful, the hair was lank and the model hated it. I would just like to know what everyone else's thoughts and opinions on it are :)

We had same problems and response regarding mixing it wrong.

You need to be so perfect mixing it and make sure you rub colour before washing to loosen it . Also is soo much dearer and you end up using more colour per aplication.

Yes when it works its lovely (i like the inoa supreme colours) but overall not impressed.

Infact we havd been told by our rep that loreal are changing it again . So will only.be colour and peroxide to mix . None of this faffing with oil as they are putting it in with the colourant .

Wouldnt really reccomed using it tbh

I didn't rate inoa either - I would hate for l'oreal to replace majirel with it :(

Vile.... Awful....crap....not true to shade, greasy, makes hair heavy and lank! Expensive!! That's just me anyway lol x

Vile.... Awful....crap....not true to shade, greasy, makes hair heavy and lank! Expensive!! That's just me anyway lol x

haha! say it how it is Blue!! :D I have only ever used it a couple of times, I found it awful to be honest, I didn't like anything about it and won't ever use it again.

haha! say it how it is Blue!! :D I have only ever used it a couple of times, I found it awful to be honest, I didn't like anything about it and won't ever use it again.

I do ;) loreal found a way to rip salons off!! And it's bile lol

I trained in a salon who had used L'Oreal for 10years...we had inoa in
For a demo and all tecks were sceptical! In the en for various reasons the salon made a huge choice and changed to wella....I was using wella for a year before moving to a L'Oreal salon for another year...using all L'Oreal product including inoa after a year with wella was so disappointing . The longevity of the colour, the shine factor, the feeling of the hair didn't compare with wella!! I know of a few salons who have switched I wella. Working loosely a a head technician I feel wella support the salon on the whole better than L'Oreal and offer far superior products. l'Oreal maybe 5 years ago were top of the game but Inoa hasn't worked as well as they wanted and there are just too many ranges within in brand..what 3 or 4 types of permanat tint? Madness! Rant over! Boo to inoa

It's interesting that so many ppl really do dislike this product and yet L'oreal keep on driving it forward. If it ain't broke don't fix it I say. Thanks for your replies guys, gives me food for thought :)

I have used it and had it on my head. It felt horrible because there was so much product on my hair. Then the colour faded really quickly.

I'm now mobile and been using majirel, definitely won't be changing to Inoa - far too much of a faff with all the mixing and rubbing and washing...it was bad enough doing all that in a salon setting, won't be doing that over a client's bath!

If they really are going to phase out majirel then I'll be looking at Matrix or Wella...

I tried it and sent it all back.
Maybe if you just do basic tints it's ok, but I do a lot of intermixing, and partial colour.
I found it clunky to use and the coverage was rubbish.
Switched to Redken colours and havnt looked back.
I doubt if they would discontinue Majirel as it one of the top selling pro colours worldwide.

I tried it, hated it and sent it back too.
I now don't deal with Loreal anyway and changed my whole colour range, but if they changed the whole of majirel to Inoa then I think there will be a lot of changing to other brands x

I have popped over from Beauty just to say I as a client I had my hair coloured with it and it was awful, hair felt heavy and greasy and the grey coverage was not good and all faded out really quickly.

I have popped over from Beauty just to say I as a client I had my hair coloured with it and it was awful, hair felt heavy and greasy and the grey coverage was not good and all faded out really quickly.

Also popping over to give my opinion as a client, and I love it! My hair feels fantastically conditioned afterwards, you can't feel it when it's on, no lingering smell for days afterwards either. My hairdresser loves it too.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I have been using INOA for a couple of months now. I stupidly traded in all of my Goldwell to use INOA exclusively. Here are my thoughts.

1. I LOVE the concept of it. Ammonia free, permanent hair color, less damaging long term...NO SCENT. My clients are also loving that concept. I came from a strict AVEDA background and taking on INOA seemed like good trade off vs. Goldwell.

2. I am loving the results on clients that don't have difficult hair. You know, less than 30% gray, medium texture, healthy. Anyone who has more gray than that, I find myself not getting the coverage I need at all AND the coverage that L'Oreal claims to get. Less than 70% gray you are supposed to get 100% coverage WITHOUT mixing a shade with N. BUT...how many clients do you have, on average, with fantastic hair? Exactly. It is a total let down.

3. I use a scale to measure all of my color. I have for years. It cuts down on cost per application and it keeps things precise. I am finding very inconsistent results and very little intensity in the shades. L'Oreal, again, is saying, 'you're probably not mixing correctly. Maybe you should try adding 1-2 grams more of the color'....which brings me to my next point....

4. The COST PER APPLICATION is crazy! As a booth renter, this means a lot to me in order to make a profit. Goldwell cost per application was quite expensive but I was using way less product. My INOA rep claimed my cost would be less expensive than the Goldwell (lies) and now they're telling me to add MORE color to my formulation...which just makes that cost even more expensive.

Overall, I don't want to give up. I'm a fighter. I don't mind doing the dirty work and experimenting however I may pull the plug soon because I can not afford to put my clients through inconsistency AND the cost of the product overall. INOA Supreme is fantastic. It really does cover 100% white, stubborn hair and leaves it looking healthy and soft. If they could come out with a few neutral shades though that would be nice whereas everything is warm.

just to update seen the rep again today. their defonatly changing the way inoa is done, so the gel will be mixed with the colourant already. but not the inoa supreme yet that stays with the 3 mix things for now.

however we have now been told that there NOT getting rid of majirel :evil::evil::mad::mad: after nearly 2 yrs of us using inoa..... unless the rep only said that because we said we either wanted majirel or were moving to wella etc..

so majeral users dont panic just yet

just to update seen the rep again today. their defonatly changing the way inoa is done, so the gel will be mixed with the colourant already. but not the inoa supreme yet that stays with the 3 mix things for now.

however we have now been told that there NOT getting rid of majirel :evil::evil::mad::mad: after nearly 2 yrs of us using inoa..... unless the rep only said that because we said we either wanted majirel or were moving to wella etc..

so majeral users dont panic just yet

That seems odd though, because majirel shades disappear and then appear in inoa!

I have been using loreal for over 20 years, I am gutted that they are discontinuing so many colours, I have had to replace shades with wella and they do such a great range of colours, even loreal so colours are being discontinued! I think they are gonna lose a lot of customers cus whilst they are swapping things around our clients still need their hair coloured do wella it is !!!!

I have been using loreal for over 20 years, I am gutted that they are discontinuing so many colours, I have had to replace shades with wella and they do such a great range of colours, even loreal so colours are being discontinued! I think they are gonna lose a lot of customers cus whilst they are swapping things around our clients still need their hair coloured do wella it is !!!!

Try matrix, you won't be disappointed! Their grey coverage is better than wella or loreal!!

Ion do similar colours to loreal, same numbers etc.. And the few I have used have been true to colour and good grey coverage I've not tested them all it's just if majirel don't have the shade I want I've looked at the ion stand as its next to it in my local Sally's.... Maybe an idea? As the are 100ml tubes 1.5 mixing ratio and around £5 a tube! Tried it on a client with 65/70 grey and it was fab coverage , better than the wella 44/44 I've used previously and also used on hair 80 % grey on top used 5.62 and again great coverage which didn't fade.

I've not used Innoa just the price put me off when I browsed through the shades, which some are lovely but being mobile I can't justify them prices x

Latest posts

Back