Perfect beige toner mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gem001

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum, but was wondering if anyone could share their expertise... I have a client who has level 7-8 highlighted hair all over, she is wanting a Beige blonde colour. What would be the best shade to tone with as I have tried a few such as Ilumina 10/69 and turns very Ashy?

Thand you in advance.

Do you want a Warm or Cool tone as my idea of Beige is that it’s a warm tone.
You’re definitely going to get a cool ash when using 6 and 9 as they’re blue and violet based colours.
Also, you choose a toner based on the level it’s lifted to so if it’s a 7, then a level 10 toner won’t be adequate.

Have another look at the colour chart at the warm tones, although you might be better off using CT to tone rather than illumina depending on the look you’re going for.

Do you want a Warm or Cool tone as my idea of Beige is that it’s a warm tone.
You’re definitely going to get a cool ash when using 6 and 9 as they’re blue and violet based colours.
Also, you choose a toner based on the level it’s lifted to so if it’s a 7, then a level 10 toner won’t be adequate.

Have another look at the colour chart at the warm tones, although you might be better off using CT to tone rather than illumina depending on the look you’re going for.

Thank you for your response, the beige I am looking at has warm and cool mixed, but am scared of adding warm into the level 7 lift?

Please image as the hair stands now...

You have recommended Colour Touch what shade toner would you recommend and mix?

Thank you for your response and sharing your knowledge.

Attachments

• 702010FB-7D3A-471D-8FB2-3A211E6C8B09.jpeg
    702010FB-7D3A-471D-8FB2-3A211E6C8B09.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
Thank you for your response, the beige I am looking at has warm and cool mixed, but am scared of adding warm into the level 7 lift?

You need some warmth for beige so you’re going to have to be brave.

Are you recently qualified? If you’re going to be colouring people’s hair I recommend you get practising mixing colours to get an understanding of primary and secondary tones and how one affects the other.
Get hold of some blonde hair swatches and play around with a few mixes. It will help improve your knowledge and confidence. A /97 is a cooler beige so maybe something along those lines?

You need some warmth for beige so you’re going to have to be brave.

Are you recently qualified? If you’re going to be colouring people’s hair I recommend you get practising mixing colours to get an understanding of primary and secondary tones and how one affects the other.
Get hold of some blonde hair swatches and play around with a few mixes. It will help improve your knowledge and confidence. A /97 is a cooler beige so maybe something along those lines?

Yes I am recently qualified, I start to panic when it comes to warm tones. If you know what I mean. I guess like you said practice will make perfect and trial and error on swatches will also help.

Thank you for you help and I shall get swatching with warmer tones.

Everyone feels anxious when they first start out and having lockdowns interrupt your learning won’t have helped. Also, we have an obsession with cool ashy colours over here but in the States, they’re much more confident with warmer blonde tones. Maybe have a look on YouTube at some colouring videos from US colourists?

Everyone feels anxious when they first start out and having lockdowns interrupt your learning won’t have helped. Also, we have an obsession with cool ashy colours over here but in the States, they’re much more confident with warmer blonde tones. Maybe have a look on YouTube at some colouring videos from US colourists?

Thank you, I will have a look at some videos on YouTube. I agree with you the states make Hair colouring look so easy with warm tones. Definitely I will have to look into this.
Many thanks for the response

Latest posts

Back