Perfect Polishing CND course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm awful at painting nail varnish, one of my main reasons I'm not advertising to the public yet, is it worth doing the CND perfect polishing course if I'm not planning on using vinylux? I'm using opi and finding it very streaky and the base of the nail is never neat (even when removing cuticle) I can't seem to get it neat x

Hi guys
I'm awful at painting nail varnish, one of my main reasons I'm not advertising to the public yet, is it worth doing the CND perfect polishing course if I'm not planning on using vinylux? I'm using opi and finding it very streaky and the base of the nail is never neat (even when removing cuticle) I can't seem to get it neat x
Your post made me smile Rebecca. Your thinking of doing a course, with the peeps who distribute Vinylux yet you are using another brand that you're not happy with but you don't want Vinylux! Bless you.

Ok, firstly, the perfect polish class does indeed teach you how to polish... It's amazing that within our industry there are hardly any polish classes and it's not as easy as it looks is it... You will ALWAYS benefit from a class for sure and we have some amazing techniques that will have you perfect polishing EVERY time. Now the brand that you are using is an iconic brand with a great reputation but it is now sold everywhere and I mean everywhere. Nothing wrong with that at all but it is considered a consumer brand more than a pro only brand.

here in the UK and Ireland, Vinylux by CND is sold through the professional only so you won't find it on the high street. So whether or not you want to use Vinylux or continue with your chosen brand, you are more than welcome to do a class. Please note though, Vinylux is a 'long lasting' polish... In fact it was the first weekly polish introduced to the market... But it doesn't stop consumers using normal polish too...

Hope this helps and if you need class info you are welcome to call Sweet Squared on 0113 217 3800 (we are updating the 0845 number to a new 03 number but its not live yet so the normal Leeds number will work)...

Rebecca, I recommend doing some classes with CND. I used to do Shellac after learning from another salon and used another brand of nail polish without to training.

I decided to do a class with CND after I went Self Employed and learnt things I had never been taught, even after working in spas, salons and cruise ships for 6 years.

Sweet Squared are the most helpful company I have ever had the pleasure of working with, every time I have a problem I email and get a reply within hours.

I now use Vinylux instead of the polish before. It lasts amazingly, my clients love it! Also you can match with your shellac range as some clients like 'normal' polish on their toes or they like to buy the vinylux colour of the shellac you used if they want to top up their shellac after really long wear!

If your not happy with what you use at the moment it must be really hard to talk your clients into having a mani/pedi and make you nervous of frustrated!

Make the change :)

H x

Thank you for the lovely compliment Hannah... But particularly about S2. Made my morning. L&R xo

The perfect polishing class is fantastic! I've done quite a few CND classes now, all of which have been amazing but the PP class refined my polish finish more than any other class I've taken, it has made a HUGE difference to my application. And I now personally LOVE vinylux, finish is amazing and it really does last. I cannot recommend it enough! Xx

Did this class 2 months ago in the hope of perfecting polishing. We found the class a waste of time and money tbh. Didn't teach anything. The tutor although very nice would paint one nail then say now you do it... no further help was given and she said that's great to everyone even though clearly wasn't.

Meant to send feedback up to SS but didn't get round to it.

This course is definitely better placed as a beginner class rather than a skill builder unfortunately. If you are already polishing/working you may not get much out of it... Watching the fingernail fixer's or other geeks video's suffice.

Your post made me smile Rebecca. Your thinking of doing a course, with the peeps who distribute Vinylux yet you are using another brand that you're not happy with but you don't want Vinylux! Bless you.

Ok, firstly, the perfect polish class does indeed teach you how to polish... It's amazing that within our industry there are hardly any polish classes and it's not as easy as it looks is it... You will ALWAYS benefit from a class for sure and we have some amazing techniques that will have you perfect polishing EVERY time. Now the brand that you are using is an iconic brand with a great reputation but it is now sold everywhere and I mean everywhere. Nothing wrong with that at all but it is considered a consumer brand more than a pro only brand.

here in the UK and Ireland, Vinylux by CND is sold through the professional only so you won't find it on the high street. So whether or not you want to use Vinylux or continue with your chosen brand, you are more than welcome to do a class. Please note though, Vinylux is a 'long lasting' polish... In fact it was the first weekly polish introduced to the market... But it doesn't stop consumers using normal polish too...

Hope this helps and if you need class info you are welcome to call Sweet Squared on 0113 217 3800 (we are updating the 0845 number to a new 03 number but its not live yet so the normal Leeds number will work)...
Yes maybe I need to consider vinylux!! X

Thankyou for taking the time to reply guys. I think maybe I should consider vinylux as I'm probably going to be using Shellac xx

Thankyou for taking the time to reply guys. I think maybe I should consider vinylux as I'm probably going to be using Shellac xx
Once I've trained in it I mean! X

Did this class 2 months ago in the hope of perfecting polishing. We found the class a waste of time and money tbh. Didn't teach anything. The tutor although very nice would paint one nail then say now you do it... no further help was given and she said that's great to everyone even though clearly wasn't.

This course is definitely better placed as a beginner class rather than a skill builder unfortunately. If you are already polishing/working you may not get much out of it... Watching the fingernail fixer's or other geeks video's suffice.
sorry to hear that and very much wished we had received the feedback. Most feedback has been very positive on this class. :(

I'm really surprised at this :(
I've never heard bad feedback about this class and I keep in touch with a lot of the ladies I meet in various classes and all have had drastic improvements after completing the pp class.

Maybe it was a difference in your ea's teaching method but with Anna Lee I've always found her to be Incredibly honest about people's work and will go above and beyond to help people improve their skills and knowledge.

Could you possibly contact your ea to discuss why the class didn't work for you and if there is an option attend again so you get the results you are looking for?! Xx

Rebecca, I cannot recommend the Perfect Polishing course enough.Dont know where to start on how much I learnt about applying the polish properly and my technique is so so much better. Def do it xx

I'm with Helward87, Anna was my teacher and totally amazing. I now love Vinylux too, why ? because I know how to use it properly xx

What is it you struggle with in particular? I'm sure a class would be a great help. I think this video is really helpful for practising in the mean time. The 5 point method is really good.

I can only find this subtitled version not sure why!

What is it you struggle with in particular? I'm sure a class would be a great help. I think this video is really helpful for practising in the mean time. The 5 point method is really good.

I can only find this subtitled version not sure why!

Ok Hun thankyou. My polishing is just messy looking I suppose. And I find I'm always doing 2 or 3 coats with my opi varnishes. I wonder if it's because they are getting thick. I can't seem to paint short nails as always getting polish on skin around, struggle at trying to seal the free edges and the base of the nail is never perfect. I know I'm pretty awful at it but I'm only working on family and selected friends at the mo. I've not considered vinylux before but maybe I should. I don't hear it mentioned on here much tbh. X

Latest posts

Back