Perfect Preparation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your information, I only did my training last year at college and we used NSI products but thought I was quite lucky cos we had a NSI educator training us so quite shocked that we are being trained that at college... Glad i found out before I go live..... thanks :)

There are high end products available where you never need to degrade the natural nail in order to make the product stick. With CND for instance, you only have to clean the nail surface thoroughly before application.

If the health of the natural nail is of primary concern to you (as it should be) then I wuld use a product that did not need these harsh measures to make it adhere.

Many thanks! This will definately help me remember my steps when I start my course next month.

Failure to remove the Cuticle Remover can result in disqualification and lifting.

ROFL! You crack me up!

Great info. This is how I have been working but you just make things so clear, I learned allot from this. Thank you :hug: :Grope:

Hi, my trainer told us to use acetone to dehydrate the nail, is there any difference between this and scrubfresh?

Hi, my trainer told us to use acetone to dehydrate the nail, is there any difference between this and scrubfresh?

Scrubfresh has added pathogen fighters!

What products do you use that doesn't require etching the nail? I am a fairly new new tech and etching was what I was taught in school. But I too am having problems with lifting within several days. I thought it may have been from me over filing. Help!!!!

Hi - the nail plate will always need to be very gently etch to remove oils and contaminents.

I use the Young Nails Primer called Protein and I have absolutley no lifting at all - I use it under nail enamel too for extra stickiness and its brilliant.

Funky Nails

Hi there
Thanks for a fab tutorial. I am convinced. I don't have too many probs with lifting but I am definitely going to try and find the products you mention and give it a go.

I think I need to start following this with prep its so different to what I was taught. We were taught to sanatise the hands, use the cutical tool to scrap the true cutical of the nail plate (no cutical remover), use nail polish remover on the nails and then etch the surface and that was it.

hiya
i have been using this same process, with the scrub fresh, but there is still lifting around the edges of the nails. i do my own nails and dont have this problem with mine, but why do my customers?
help please
thanks
lauren x

@Lauren

Maybe you are using too much ScrubFresh? The nails should be perfectly dry before application.

Maybe you are touching the skin around the nails with your product?

Maybe you have not removed sly cuticle from the plate even if you think you have?

There are many many more reasons your nails could be lifting, inexperience being one of them. Most people see lifting when new to nails.

What are you using, gel or L&P? That makes a difference too. What brand? Where did you train ? Answers would help to diagnose your problems.

Thank you! To the person that wrote the perfect prep prevents problems, I'm new to salon geek and I'm also only 4 months into my diploma in nail technology but I found your article very useful with a few tips and even condradictions to my college work that ill be asking my tutor about. Thanks a lot :)

Clear, concise with a 'lil' bit of humour - I love it!!! With super prep does come super results...

I don't suppose you write a 'How to keep your 7 yr & 5 yr old boys peaceful & calm during the half term without having to go out in the rain tutorial' could you Geek, that's where I need particular help!!!! :)

Love this site - thank you

Vicki
x

Thank you for this! Im about 2 lessons from completing my course and this is really helpful :p

Just commenting so I can read through this later x

Wow! :biggrin: Thank you so much for this article! I am still quite new in the Nail Industry, and have been experiencing problems with lifting, after taking your advice (I tried it on a friend of mine) I have virtually NO lifting! Again, thank you!

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Hi, I have been doing nails for almost 3 years now and have always had a problem with lifting, recently I have started to soak and cut cuticles away in a bid to perform a better prep and have seen a massive improvement. If this can be a cause of paranicia then what am I to do? can you help? Thanks Jules

Hi

I'm fairly new to nails and I have followed the tutorial steps on here and I've followed my training notes on preparing the nails before applying the gel and both times the nails have lifted in less than 24 hrs.I can't understand what I'm doing wrong at all. I've even got friends as models to practice on and had my training notes at the side of me and still the gel has lifted of the nail and tips in less than 24 hrs.

It's so frustrating.........:mad:

Brilliant tutorial.. I have done nails for over ten years but still these basic but fundamental steps are vital to a good set of nails and keeping the natural nail in good condition.. I have realised that my own preparation has slipped! I will be stepping up my prep for sure..

Latest posts

Back